Thread: Greetings

Greetings

Hello All!
    I have been browsing the forums for several months now and it's about time to introduce myself. My name is Adam, I am from Poland and currently I am final year photography student at Nottingham Trent Uni, UK. I have been using large format cameras since the first year as I got fascinated with the process during one of the workshops on the course. Throughout the studies I've managed to buy overtime a Sinar p2 5x4 kit with a recent addition of 10x8 back (which I did not have a chance to try out yet). I am mostly interested in portraiture and I should post some of my work soon.

All Best,
    Adam

Re: Greetings

Welcome to group therapy, Adam! Sounds like you're off to a good start! I suspect that you are going to find LF portrait work a bit slow (for your paying subjects, not for you), but it is still fun and rewarding for occassional use...as witnessed by the monthly portrait threads here. Since I do mostly archictural work as a sideline to my appraisal business, I use a view quiet a bit with a lot of detail shots being taken with a Hasselblad, a 35mm, or, very occassionally, a DSLR. For portrait work, if I were to loose my better judgement and take such an assignment, I would probably gravitate toward the 'blad...but thats just me...work the way you like to and get very proficient at it!

Nottingham is the town of my birth!
    It has become a typical 1/4 modernised, 3/4 traditional (ageing 19th/20th housing and industrial buildings) typical of most bigger cities in England. Probably a lot like some the towns you know in Poland.
    As you probably have been been told, Nottingham was/is well known (notorious) for pretty girls. The central area drowned in girls seeking a "leisure" break from the female dominated trades in the clothing industries.
    Locals would be able to point at the remaining interesting derelict areas (housing and industrial buildings.
    Sherwood Forest is reduced to about a dozen trees and isn't very near - better off in Wollaton Park.

Hello everyone my name is Jason and I am new to this, anyhow I have a pentax k1000
    and want to use efke IR 820 any suggestions on how much time/ shutter speed/ and aperture to use.

Hi Adam and welcome aboard!