Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Downloading pictures

Downloading pictures

One of the replies I received asked for pictures.How do I download pictures from my camera into this forum.Please keep it simple as I am technologically impaired!! Thank you.

Re: Downloading pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Sighthound Lover View Post
    One of the replies I received asked for pictures.How do I download pictures from my camera into this forum.Please keep it simple as I am technologically impaired!! Thank you.
    First, since this is a Large Format forum, digital images are generally inappropriate in the core forums, unless used to illustrate something LF-related. Digital images are, however, allowed in the FS/WTB section (i.e. photos of what is being sold) and in The Lounge.

Digital images straight from the camera will likely exceed the restrictions here - 650x650 pixels, and something like 250KB in file size, as I recall. So, you'd need to transfer the images to your computer and edit them to size, first. Once that is handled, they can be uploaded here, if appropriate.

To upload, scroll down a bit when making the supporting post, and you'll see the "Manage Attachments" button in the "Attach Files" box. Click on that, and follow the on-screen instructions to upload from your computer.

Retired

I can upload from my computer, but can not get the photo to up to the Forum. This is my first day to LF Forum and I am an old poop, so walk me each step.
    Thanks!

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by northcarolinajack View Post
    I can upload from my computer, but can not get the photo to up to the Forum. This is my first day to LF Forum and I am an old poop, so walk me each step.
    Thanks!

Jack
    What are you trying to post, Jack? The specifics depend on which image editing program you are using, but the above post gives the basics: edit to size, then use the Attach Files/Manage Attachments button to upload here.

Retired

I reduced to scanned shoot to under the required size, in jpg format. I stumble over the URL address, I think.
    Thanks

Jack

If you go to the advanced options when you make a post, you'll find an area to add attachments. Use this to locate the desired (small) jpg file on your computer and click "Upload". It will now be attached to your post and appears as a small thumbnail below your text. If someone clicks on the thumbnail, they will go to a larger image. This is the easiest method.

To post large images into the body of your post, you need to have the images hosted online somewhere other than this forum. Many people use Flickr or their own websites. From Flickr you can "share" your pictures and get a unique URL address for each image. You can copy and paste this URL into your post. Most people use the shortcut icon at the top of the posting field, it looks like a mountain symbol in a box. Post the URL into that field and the image should appear inline with the rest of your post.

Retired

Just want to say thanks for the help from the I received asking for help to upload to the Forum. I still have been able only to load thumbnails, but that is fine.

northcarolinajack
    Jack

Out of Plumb

Jack,

Two ways:

One: use a service like photobucket and attach a link to the file that is stored on the services server. The link will look something like this (without the red underscores. If I leftout the underscore then it would display the image) [_IMG]http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn70/ataim_1991/img103s.jpg[/IMG_]

or

Two: using the additional options/attach files/manage attachments/ this makes clickable tumbnails.

samples:

one

and two.
    Paul Ward

First real camera: Nikon F2, gift from gandfather (1980), still have and use it.
    Wista m45 4x5
    Calumet Green Monster
    Agfa 8x10 Field Camera

“A big negative is really a positive…”

Retired

Quote Originally Posted by ataim View Post
    Jack,

Two ways:

One: use a service like photobucket and attach a link to the file that is stored on the services server. The link will look something like this (without the red underscores. If I leftout the underscore then it would display the image)

or

Two: using the additional options/attach files/manage attachments/ this makes clickable tumbnails.

samples:

one

and two.
    I did all the above and was able to upload to the url window, but not in the message space, still got thumbnail. However, on photobucket I do not get [IMG]. Is that the problem and if so how do I correct?

Jack
    Last edited by Ken Lee; 5-Feb-2011 at 14:11.

Retired

I did all the about and was able to upload to the url window, but not in the message space, still got thumbnail. However, on photobucket I do not get [IMG]. Is that the problem and if so how do I correct?

Jack