Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 14x17 Chamonix

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: 14x17 Chamonix

I love it! Now I have a 20x24 I can borrow! Just need to get film. $$$$$$ What is in the blue case? It says Schneider on it doesn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    I love it! Now I have a 20x24 I can borrow! Just need to get film. $$$$$$ What is in the blue case? It says Schneider on it doesn't it?
    If film is hard or expensive to get, just get a Chamonix 20x24 wet plate holder like Tuant and shoot 20x24 wet plate.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Fitzgerald View Post
    Anytime my dear friend Jim.
    Here it is , it does look snobbery when I open the case

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Zhang View Post
    If film is hard or expensive to get, just get a Chamonix 20x24 wet plate holder like Tuant and shoot 20x24 wet plate.
    Not necessary, there is Ortho film that we can use.

Splendid camera, I'm jalous!

Jiri, did you try to use Foma X-Ray films? I did... and liked the results, but hard to get here in France!
    "I believe there is nothing more disturbing than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept!" (Ansel Adams)

https://philippe.grunchec-photographe.over-blog.com/

Lee Smathers

Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    I would love the better half to have this credit but she does not have the green thumb. I do have an extensive Orchid collection and they are all blooming right now. My favorites are Lelia Ancepts, Dendrobium and Lilea/Cattleya

The X ray film base has some blue tint on the polyester base. It gives a nice tone & contrast negative for what Jim and I are working with. Just to give you an idea . Here’s the scan from my PS camera and sorry for the poor quality .

In this picture you will see the big 20x24 negative hanging from the ceiling. That Lith film was being used and exposed at 3 iso using Rodinal diluted to retain the medium contrast. The Platinum print was displayed far right corner.
    Very nice camera(s) and work! Wish I could see it in person! The Lith film are you getting it from Freestyle or Ultrafin online? How is it compared to the xray film? I just purchased my first box of xray film and hope to try it soon. Never played with the lith films either.

Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California

Quote Originally Posted by photoevangelist View Post
    Very nice camera(s) and work! Wish I could see it in person! The Lith film are you getting it from Freestyle or Ultrafin online? How is it compared to the xray film? I just purchased my first box of xray film and hope to try it soon. Never played with the lith films either.
    It's completely difference film. You have to test and fine tune your developer according the lighting condition for what you are shooting. You can order the developer at Freestyle for this application. The developer needs to be diluted in order to maintain the continuous tone and the shadow details. Xray is great too ,you can develop the film by inspection . I'm greateful that I don't have to order special run ULF film anymore for my workflow. Good luck !

Where is a good place to order X-ray film online? Please post some links :-)

http://www.flickr.com/groups/xrayfil...7624086753301/

Quote Originally Posted by wiggywag View Post
    Where is a good place to order X-ray film online? Please post some links :-)

Considering the big price difference between x-ray film and conventional photo film, are we being robbed? Why do photo film increase in price all the time. Is the technology very different?

Quote Originally Posted by jkcz View Post
    I use Agfa CP-V 8x10, 11x14 , green sensitive, emulsion only on one side. Maximum size is 14x17. Prices in Europe are higher than for 3M x-ray, 14x17 sheet ~3usd, but still significantly lower than for the ilford/kodak.
    Is it as sharp as normal film like HP5?