Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 77

Thread: 14x17 Chamonix

  1. #11
    Cor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Leiden, The Netherlands
    Posts
    429

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Stunning, but please place it on a stable tripod, not on that wobbly stool...

    Best,

    Cor

  2. #12
    LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    2,419

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Not to worry. Tri has plenty of tripods. I've seen them all!

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    1,239

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    All you need now is a 35mm roll film adapter...

  4. #14

    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Ajman - U.A.E
    Posts
    560

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Is it better to buy this camera and then buy a reduced back like 8x10 or just get 8x10 and forget this one? I really like so large camera i can get even larger than 8x10, but are there some films available for larger than 8x10 out there?

  5. #15
    Tri Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Quote Originally Posted by Professional View Post
    Is it better to buy this camera and then buy a reduced back like 8x10 or just get 8x10 and forget this one? I really like so large camera i can get even larger than 8x10, but are there some films available for larger than 8x10 out there?
    Jim, can you please explain for this one ? I'm off for a Lingerie coffee brake in Little Saigon right now. See you soon

  6. #16

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Looks pretty sweet to me. I am resisting the temptation as one more camera and I will be excised to the North 40 all by myself. The recent Deardorff V11 acquisition put me on notice that the Mrs. is starting to question my sanity. It did not help when I told her (honestly) that one must toss sanity to the curb when working with large cameras such as these.

  7. #17

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Wondervu, Colorado
    Posts
    475

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Makes perfect sense to me!

    Tri, congratulations on your beautiful new 14x17!

  8. #18
    Tri Tran's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Montreal , Canada. Los Angeles, California
    Posts
    1,053

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    Looks pretty sweet to me. I am resisting the temptation as one more camera and I will be excised to the North 40 all by myself. The recent Deardorff V11 acquisition put me on notice that the Mrs. is starting to question my sanity. It did not help when I told her (honestly) that one must toss sanity to the curb when working with large cameras such as these.
    Among ourselves, I'd like to think that we LF and ULF are 'sane' people
    operating in a world that is not quite ready for our line of 'sight' yet.
    Like musicians and artists who are considered 'out of the box' thinkers or
    performers, we are passionate about our art. My Mrs. think I'm nut; but she
    said that if she had to choose between the "evils" that men are tempted
    with, she'd rather have me locked up in a dark room rather than causing
    trouble elsewhere.

  9. #19

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Saratoga Springs, NY, USA
    Posts
    601

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    That's a good woman you have there! Very perspicacious! Just looked that word up myself...

    Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    but she
    said that if she had to choose between the "evils" that men are tempted
    with, she'd rather have me locked up in a dark room rather than causing
    trouble elsewhere.
    David Aimone Photography
    Critiques always welcome...

  10. #20

    Re: 14x17 Chamonix

    Quote Originally Posted by Tri Tran View Post
    Among ourselves, I'd like to think that we LF and ULF are 'sane' people
    operating in a world that is not quite ready for our line of 'sight' yet.
    Like musicians and artists who are considered 'out of the box' thinkers or
    performers, we are passionate about our art. My Mrs. think I'm nut; but she
    said that if she had to choose between the "evils" that men are tempted
    with, she'd rather have me locked up in a dark room rather than causing
    trouble elsewhere.
    The use of the word "sane" in this post was purposefully used completely tongue in cheek.

    My wife has similar sentiments. What she is surprised about is the duration of this condition with ULF and how long it will continue - based upon the amount of sheet film that occupies freezer space at our house. She has a mathematics degree in addition to her engineering degree.

Similar Threads

  1. Detailed Comparison of Chamonix with Phillips Compact II
    By Oren Grad in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 26-Jul-2010, 08:11
  2. Chamonix camera 45N-1 focusing error
    By GPS in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 191
    Last Post: 7-Dec-2009, 15:17
  3. Anyone Own a Chamonix 14x17, 8x20 or 12x20?
    By Richard K. in forum Cameras & Camera Accessories
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-May-2008, 17:20
  4. Chamonix is coming!
    By Hugo Zhang in forum New Products
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 25-Mar-2007, 11:45

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •