Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SpeedGraphic Anniversary owner here.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Re: SpeedGraphic Anniversary owner here.

I shoot roll film in a 4x5 Graphic and would welcome a "miniature" since they are a lot smaller. But it does seem like an odd term, doesn't it?

I think you'll have fun with it!

Welcome to group therepy. Have fun with the little Speed...if you think "minature" is hard to apply to that camera, put it beside a 4x5! I think I'd give up on instant films 'till I got a 4x5 to work with.

The old style calumet roll film holder will work, but it uses 620 film (you can respool from 120). But you may be able to fit a 120 as the take-up spool. Be aware that the film take up spool winds "outwards" (reverse of normal), so be careful opening the holder, the film may unwind enough to expose the film. I have also modified the spring backs in the past to have "slides" that hold the 120 roll film holders, but no ground glass viewing. A graflock back for the 2x3 usually goes for the same price as the whole camera.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Aho View Post
    The old style calumet roll film holder will work, but it uses 620 film (you can respool from 120). But you may be able to fit a 120 as the take-up spool. Be aware that the film take up spool winds "outwards" (reverse of normal), so be careful opening the holder, the film may unwind enough to expose the film. I have also modified the spring backs in the past to have "slides" that hold the 120 roll film holders, but no ground glass viewing. A graflock back for the 2x3 usually goes for the same price as the whole camera.
    Looks like it is already equipped with 120 roll film holder so he can just load and shoot.

My suggestion is to put a couple of rolls through it and see how focusing and triggering the shutter works.

Once those skills are developed, work on flash synch and then finally think about figuring out how to get instant film working in it.