Thread: LUNA PRO AND BATTERY ADAPTOR

LUNA PRO AND BATTERY ADAPTOR

I just got the bogen repl battery kit for my old luna pro. The instruction shee t directs you to proceed according to page 7 of the instruction manual of your L UNA-PRO/S. It has been over 25 years since I last saw the instruction manual an d I am having a hard time remembering what it had me do on page 7. Can some one help me with this page 7 instruction. I think it may have to do with setting t he meter up as the new batteries (SR44) battery check under the red battery chec k spot thank you

John try Robert A. Zeichner razeichner@ameritech.net Pat

Hi John,

I have the original instruction manual that came with a Luna pro that I bought recently. Basically Page 7 covers two topics, "Testing the Batteries" and "Testing Zero Position". Testing the batteries tells one how to test the batteries, on the back of the meter there is a slide switch, without touching the actual meter activation rocker switch, slide the switch on the rear of the meter towards the arror. If the batteries are good the meter indicator needle will point to the RED index on the measuring scale on the meter's face (front). To test the zero position REMOVE the batteries from the meter and press the meter's activation rocker switch in either direction The meter indicator needle should now come to rest on the "check line" to the left of scale divisions, that is the dark line on the far left of the meter's scale. To adjust the zero check point, HOLD DOWN THE METER ACTIVATION ROCKER SWITCH while turning thr adjustment screw on the backside of the meter. I hope this helps, please feel free to email me if you need any further assistance. If I had a scanner I would have just emailed you the page from the manual. I hope my paraphrasing did not confuse the meaning of the instructions. P.S. I just received my meter from Bogen after it was in to repair it back to working condition, at the same time they installed the battery adapter and it seems to work just fine.