Thread: Good (but not too expensive) Places to Eat Palm Springs Area; Photos Near Quartzsite

Etobicoke (west Toronto), west of the mighty Humber...

Good (but not too expensive) Places to Eat Palm Springs Area; Photos Near Quartzsite

Suggestions welcome! Leaving for my adventure by train a week today...

Also, any interesting photo ops off HWY 10 between Palm Springs and Phoenix? Say around Blythe or Quartzsite?

Thank you!!
    When I was 16 I thought my father the stupidest man in the world; when I reached 21, I was astounded by how much he had learned in just 5 years!

-appropriated from Mark Twain

Re: Good (but not too expensive) Places to Eat Palm Springs Area; Photos Near Quartzs

Painted Canyon -- Take Box Canyon Road off of HWY 10 -- but this is closer to Palm Springs.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...63579&t=h&z=12

Re: Good (but not too expensive) Places to Eat Palm Springs Area; Photos Near Quartzs

If you are going to be in Palm Springs there is a very unique camera store there called Cameras West. They stock view cameras down to the largest selection of Leica you will find anywhere. You might want to take a peak.

Las Consuela's----the food is pricey but the maragritas are excellent!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Shield's Date Gardens IIRC has a lunch counter. The date milkshakes aren't to be missed! Low bucks fun at a circa 1920's roadside attraction!
    "I would feel more optimistic about a bright future for man if he spent less time proving that he can outwit Nature and more time tasting her sweetness and respecting her seniority"---EB White

Don Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by Richard K. View Post
    Suggestions welcome! Leaving for my adventure by train a week today...

Also, any interesting photo ops off HWY 10 between Palm Springs and Phoenix? Say around Blythe or Quartzsite?

Thank you!!
    Richard
    Quartzite is played out - its just an open expanse of desert used by RVers.
    Blythe? Quartzite it is better. The best thing about this region is KOFA -- a palm oasis half-way to Yuma that requires some canyoneering to see adequately. I was there in 1988 - interesting....
    Keep traveling west.
    Take a side trip to Corn Springs. An oasis in the desert - 60 fan palms, some water, deep canyon, search for the petroglyphs. Take the Chuckwalla Valley Rd (Corn Springs exit), about a mile east, then turn southabout 10 miles. Don't go if raining - the road is in the canyon. Good camping at the Oasis.

Thumbs up Re: Good (but not too expensive) Places to Eat Palm Springs Area; Photos Near Quartzs

can any body guide me where to find this place???????????wild guess