Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So long PayPal ...

So long PayPal ...

Re: So long PayPal ...

I freak out thinking someone might know my pin for my debit card... I daren't use a phone to pay for anything. No matter how secure you think you are, wireless data can be harvested just as or more easily than wired payment.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I freak out thinking someone might know my pin for my debit card... I daren't use a phone to pay for anything. No matter how secure you think you are, wireless data can be harvested just as or more easily than wired payment.
    I've had two incidents in that past twelve months BOTH involving PayPal where someone got a hold of my card info -- Despite PayPal always touting how SECURE your payments transactions are with them. Both times, my bank fortunately caught the transaction and placed a hold on my account. That meant TWICE! I had to be reissued new account numbers.

I'm all for anything that stops feepal having a monopoly, but I doubt it will be forced out so easily

Great, another way we can get robbed.
    I use Paypal very reluctantly, I don't think it's the bee's knees, and it's bloody expensive.
    A friend suggested PayMate, but it isn't worldwide.

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I'm with you. It will be a cold day in youknowwhat before I do.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

I opened a Paypal cc few years back and I do not use it out of paypal. Not problems so far.
    The best 5 bucks you can spend: security key. And you attach it to ebay too.

Regarding my itouch. Fake name, fake address, and absolutely not cc. Buy the itunes cards in the market. Paid cash for it in the apple store and make sure the supervirus called iTunes is by no means installed in your computer. It's sad to see how big of a business is reselling you personal information, you life.

The principle regarding information is simple. If is not there, can’t be stolen.

A.K.A Lucky Bloke ;-)

Another tip. Make sure your CCs are individual. If you identity is stolen it does not drag your spouse credit with it, and vice versa.

The human implanted RFID chip will obsolete them all. Hahahahahahaha...... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0Z3n...eature=related

Hmm. Lessee now, lilmsmaggie. In the cowardly old world I handed you cash. In the brave new world we bump cell phones.

I don't see the difference. But then, I'm not important enough to have a cell phone.