Hello everyone,

I realize this is a darkroom question but for some reason ever since I changed i nternet providers I can't get the rec.photo page and besides, folks here seem mo re tolerant of stupid questions, and the level of knowledge is about 10,000 time s greater.

My question: Is the label on the bottle of "Heico Perma Wash" to be believed? I finally, after several years of laboring with this dreadful hobby, have produce d a negative I would like to print on fiber paper and while at the supplier foun d this bottle of magic which alleges to cut my wash times by hours. Specificall y it claims with a two minute wash, two minutes in the Perma Wash, and two minut es in a final water wash I will have an archivally washed print. When I do this however my prints are slimy, so I have been washing longer but not really trust ing this stuff anyway. I'd ask the guys at the shop but they are notorious liar s who would say anything to get me to buy another chemical/paper/film/lens/camer a. I'm afraid if I asked them I'd walk out their door carrying a $600.00 print washer AND a bottle of Perma-Wash. So I'm asking you. Thanks.

Erik Ryberg