Thread: Gretag D200 II Experience sought

Gretag D200 II Experience sought

I have an option to buy a nice used Gretag D200 II Densitometer and hope to find some users here with experience to share.
    This D200 II does not come with any additional parts or manual so my questions are:

Is it possible to find a user manual for this model? A quick Google did not bring anything.
    Are parts such as a UV filter, apertures and calibration card still available?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Re: Gretag D200 II Experience sought

Jan - I found a manual with a google search of "gretag d200" about 5 items down on a Russian site.

Gretag also seems to have parts listed on their site.

Kirk

Kirk, Thanks, that sounds promissing. Will look into that later.

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    I have an option to buy a nice used Gretag D200 II Densitometer and hope to find some users here with experience to share.
    This D200 II does not come with any additional parts or manual so my questions are:

Is it possible to find a user manual for this model? A quick Google did not bring anything.
    Are parts such as a UV filter, apertures and calibration card still available?

Any insight will be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    I have a Gretage D200 II. Yes, there were UV filter apertures and calibration cards and step wedges available for this densitometer, not sure if these items can still be bought. Unfortunately even if you can find the special apertures for reading other than Visual light (blue, UV for example) they are very expensive, about $250 each as I recall. If you can not find the apertures (or find them too expensive) you can always place a filter of the desired type between the aperture and the light and null it out, using the aperture with the visual (green) filter.

Sandy
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sandy, Thank you for the advice. I did find one place that are selling parts for the D200 II and they are as you mention very expensive.
    The 1mm aperture is 128$ which is somewhat managable but the UV filter is 348$
    I think i can make a filter for less than that.

Did some research and found an older thread in which you and others were discussing filter options for the D200 II so i will try to gather as much information from that as i can.
    I have still not found anyone that have a manual but would think with a little patience one will eventually show up.
    Thanks.
    jan

Jan,

I have a complete manual. If you are not able to find another one I will be glad to scan it and send you .jpeg files of the pages. If you need this send me a pm with your email address and I will try to get to it next week.

Sandy

Quote Originally Posted by Jan Pedersen View Post
    Sandy, Thank you for the advice. I did find one place that are selling parts for the D200 II and they are as you mention very expensive.
    The 1mm aperture is 128$ which is somewhat managable but the UV filter is 348$
    I think i can make a filter for less than that.

Did some research and found an older thread in which you and others were discussing filter options for the D200 II so i will try to gather as much information from that as i can.
    I have still not found anyone that have a manual but would think with a little patience one will eventually show up.
    Thanks.
    jan
    For discussion and information about carbon transfer please visit the carbon group at groups.io
    [url]https://groups.io/g/carbon

Sandy, PM sent.
    Thank you..