Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: B&H has 8x10 TMax 400 in stock right now

B&H has 8x10 TMax 400 in stock right now

Just ordered several boxes.

Good luck!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Re: B&H has 8x10 TMax 400 in stock right now

it's already gone. It wouldn't let me add more than one box to my cart.

I ordered 4 boxes before you posted Jim. I was quite surprised. It took my order and the order status says "In stock, order sent to warehouse".

I'll be ordering some with canham too.

With the price of silver as shown in

http://silverprice.org/silver-price-history.html

I'm sort of sympathising with the doomsday crowd being that this price spike is pretty unprecendented. Surely it will be, at a minimum, reflected in film prices at some point. (look at the multiyear graphs near the bottom.)

I don't think this portends the end of civilization, but silver has certainly met new needs in soldering worldwide of the ROHS rules and home plumbing to a smaller extent. Like oil, some people estimate limited supply of certain metal in the ground such as copper. I have not investigated this for silver.

I have commenced hoarding. In addition to 8x10 film, I bought 8 boxes of 4x5 tmax 400 and 10 propacks of 120 tmax400.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    Just ordered several boxes.

Good luck!
    It did not even show the product as a choice when I looked last night.
    You are lucky Jim!

Inventories deplete really fast these days.
    Badger had it for about 24 hours earlier this week, Adorama for 24 hours until yesterday morning and now B&H. All out again.
    Must be good film.

Happy New Year to all.

I signed up for the email notification but never got it! Anyway before TMY was listed as out of stock at B&H and now it is listed as discontinued so I am not going to hold my breath. I already sent in my money to Canham for 10 boxes.

I went really fast. I got the notice of "in stock" from B&H 5 minutes before I posted here (I was actually at my desk when it popped up and immediately placed my order). According to Vinny, here was only one box left 20 minutes later.

It must have been a small supply, or some really large orders went through at the speed of light. I am usually never in the right place at the right time, so this was very lucky for me. Heck, I didn't read about the demise of TMax on these forums until three weeks after the buying frenzy started.

After looking in all my regular places and finding the discontinued notice everywhere, I finally got lucky with an order through Digital Truth on Dec 13th, which going to be shipped direct through Kodak (if my Karma is still good). If I don't see that order by Jan 12th or so, I'll hop on Canham's order before the 15th.

I'll shoot TMax as long as I can, but I guess eventually I'll have to start experimenting with HP-5.
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Cole View Post
    I went really fast. I got the notice of "in stock" from B&H 5 minutes before I posted here (I was actually at my desk when it popped up and immediately placed my order). According to Vinny, here was only one box left 20 minutes later.

It must have been a small supply, or some really large orders went through at the speed of light. I am usually never in the right place at the right time, so this was very lucky for me. Heck, I didn't read about the demise of TMax on these forums until three weeks after the buying frenzy started.

After looking in all my regular places and finding the discontinued notice everywhere, I finally got lucky with an order through Digital Truth on Dec 13th, which going to be shipped direct through Kodak (if my Karma is still good). If I don't see that order by Jan 12th or so, I'll hop on Canham's order before the 15th.

I'll shoot TMax as long as I can, but I guess eventually I'll have to start experimenting with HP-5.
    You can continue to shoot TMY in 8x10 as long as you want. We put together 220 boxes of pre-order with Keith Canham to met the minimums so we know we are a go. The good news is that there are no maximums - we can order what we want OVER the minimum. It is only slightly more expensive than previously offered when you use Keiths coupon online. We also expect a fairly quick turn around from Kodak.

Do yourself a favor and give Keith a call or let me know if you have any questions. Why change what works?

Cheers!

Michael,

Thanks for the reply. I do plan to shoot TMax as long as it's available by special order. I love the film and only made the comment about HP-5 as a long term solution to any future issues arising from Kodak's recent history of production cuts of film types and/or sizes.

I appreciate everything you did to help get Keith's order going. I will jump on if my order from Digital Truth fails to materialize from Kodak. If I get that, I will have a year supply to hold me until the next special order. I cannot afford to own more than that right now. I wish I could buy a 10 year supply, but alas, my print sales have been down 40-60% for the last three years and most people still insist on my color work (gasp)!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

Understand completely Jim. In an ironic twist of business logistics I feel that Kodak is actually served better by taking this product from regular inventory and converting it to Special Order because they can excise a considerable amount of infrastructural costs in the marketing chain. Secondly, when they get paid up front those collars those dollars go directly to the bottom line improving their economics.

When we turn around several deals a year to sequester our collective needs we are in a great position to request larger sheets per box along with a number of other deal improvements. Thanks to people like you we are all in a better place.

Next on the train stop is ULF. We need to kick this mule in the ass hard.

I hope 2011 is a great year for you personally and professionally Jim!