Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any uses for a Polaroid 545 holder?

Format Omnivore Brian C. Miller's Avatar

Re: Any uses for a Polaroid 545 holder?

But Graham, that's just the point, right?

The thing about the 545 holder is that the paper sleeve of the pod was the darkslide. There isn't a seperate darkslide. That means that if it was used for something else, whatever goes into it has to have some kind of sleeve for it. It also requires the metal clip, because that's what keeps it in the holder.

I don't think that it could be used for wet plates because the glass would have to be too thin, and a darkslide would also be needed. Maybe the darkslide could have spacers to run on the edges of the glass, but I'm sure it would be futile.

Might as well use it as a nice frame for a contact print.

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    ... I have no confidence in their potential for making any sort of successful Type 55 replacement.
    ... or any other kind o f4x5 instant sheet film. Personally, I'd rather have a T-52 replacement than T-55.

I don't know if anyone cares anymore but I have successfully used a 545 holder to process fuji instax instant film.

The instax film is relatively cheap and offers good color at a high ISO.

I'm still working on a better way to light-tight the whole thing so that it can be used normally to make instant prints on something like a speed graphic while walking around outside.
    Speed Graphic 4x5 for LF, DIY wet / dry plate getup for ultra LF, Rolleiflex for MF, a bunch of others for 35mm.

I asked the folks at Impossible Project if they were planning to provide film for the 545, or film pack cameras. They said no, they didn't get any of the equipment that was used to manufacture that particular film. So, aside from the 8x10 stuff they put out, it looks like its all SX70 or its varients. So maybe if someone can cut apart an SX70 camera, and attach it to the back of a speed graphic, we can get somewhere.

3D-Stereo-Aeropanoramas

New55 is in the pipeline. Testfilms shot. And a new technology on the way. check their blog. i dont quite understand what this is all about.

Here's an explanation of how I've been shooting Fuji Istax Wide in a 545.
    http://www.largeformatphotography.in...=1#post1004401
    It's slow, but I can load several at a time. then they are just heavy to carry a bunch of them around.
    I have some clips from T-55 and Quickloads, it would be pretty easy to make a bunch of envelopes loaded with the Instax. But since FP100c is cheaper than Instax at Amazon i've been shooting it. You have to have a 405 holder and they are not cheap.

20x24 Studio has also hinted at making some 4x5 color film. Apparently they have a huge stock of raw materials, way more than all the 20x24 cameras in the world can conceivably use before it expires.

We are working directly with New55, we are exploring ways to pave the way to T55 with T59, which is ready to go.