Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

LF/ULF Carbon Printer Jim Fitzgerald's Avatar

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Just a follow up to this post. I have my 36" draw bellows for the 14x17 installed on the camera. The bellows from Custom Bellow is first rate. It is light weight and compresses to about 1 1/2". Very well made, I love it.

A follow-up from me, too. The bellows from Sandeha arrived today. Needed negligible fitting before installing. They're beautiful and fit like a glove.

Asanuma, bellows installed. by Scott --, on Flickr

Aside from a little lag in mail service on the US side of things, things went perfectly smooth. I'm working on an 8x10 Seneca now (well, in a couple weeks), and will be using Sandeha again for those bellows as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I have this guy making some bellows for me right now for my century. I'll let you all know how it goes.

Jim Ormond
    7454 Henbane Street
    Etiwanda , CA 91739
    909-980-0606

I could have built them myself to save some money, but rarely is the first time I do something I get professional results, even if I am capable. That usually comes with practice and experience. Theoretically, I could have become a good woodworker building my own kitchen cabinets, but my wife is happy I hired it out because they came out really good and it's actually completed.

Thus I decided to hire it done instead of build bellows perhaps twice to get what I wanted. It'll be the most expensive part of the camera project so far except for the lenses. It's a small price compared to all the other equipment and expenses of the hobby.
    I got the bellows, and they are nice. Much classier looking than the original ones in terms of texture; sorta silky black. They are lighter in weight too, and compress further (for potential shorter focal length) too. The old ones were compressed to about 5" thick, the new ones compress to about 2".
    He attached them to the original wooden mounting frames for me.

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    I got the bellows, and they are nice. Much classier looking than the original ones in terms of texture; sorta silky black. They are lighter in weight too, and compress further (for potential shorter focal length) too. The old ones were compressed to about 5" thick, the new ones compress to about 2".
    He attached them to the original wooden mounting frames for me.

Jim Ormond at Western Bellows just delivered a relacement bellows for my Ansco 5x7 and I'm quite pleased with it. Jim fitted the new bellows to my original frames and it fit the camera perfectly, a five minute installation.

I second the commments made by jp498. The new bellows is a different material and far more flexible than the ones originally furnished on the Anscos (5x7 and 8x10); it will compress quite a bit more as well.

Jim's turnaround time was two months.

I have just received a bellows from ecbuyonline2008 and the quality is excellent. His communication was very good and the bellows shipped quickly. I bought one of the Linhof replacement bellows for a DIY project I'm starting. From time of order to arrival here in Australia was just over 2 weeks. I don't have a Linhof but others who have used this person indicate this is a good replacement for the bellows on that camera.

I got a red one for $89 US for my beater Technika. It seems fine, the attachment was lacking the felt and double-sided tape mentioned in the instructions. The bellows itself is as long as the OEM, nearly as thin and flexible but synthetic. If you have moderate skills and common sense you can get it attached....

Just ordered the ecbuyonline2008 bellows for my beater Technika too, will add my thoughts once it arrives and I have a chance to try them out. Even if they're crap, I'm sure it's still way better than having to wrap my dark cloth around the 50 year old bellows on my camera every time I use it*.

*which, unfortunately, is something I've actually gotten quite used to - the only camera I've ever had with perfect bellows was a 1929 Graflex. Oh man, these cheapo ebay bellows are going to be a treat.

Luckily the Technika is very well engineered and has mechanical bellows attachments rather than just a prayer and glue like most cameras....

I just noticed, ecbuyonline2008 is now offering custom 10x12, 11x14, and 12x16 bellows....

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Davis View Post
    Mike- I think they must make it up on volume, because they only do bellows that fit stock patterns it seems. I contacted them about making a bellows for my 12x15, and they told me they could not do anything that big or that custom. They must have templates for common cameras that they use. If that's the case, I can see how they could do them for a low price - no need to measure or calculate - just follow the pattern and do it by rote. Labor costs would be low because you'd only need semi-skilled labor at best.

I recently decided to try ecbuyonline for bellows for a Kardan Super Color JBL. I figured that his apparently good rating and the $90 price tag, made it a reasonably safe bet.

The bellows arrived from Hong Kong in good time and I was immediately impressed by what I saw. I've since glued the bellows into the two end frames and am ready to go. I must say that I'm very impressed. The material seems to be a good quality nylon, fits perfectly for size, and of course is light-tight .

I can see no reason why these bellows should not be long lasting with normal usage. On my experience I'd highly recommend this guy (name's Rudy Wang). 10/10. Hope this is helpful.

Barry.