Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Facebook Group on 19th Century Lenses

Facebook Group on 19th Century Lenses

I just started a new group with the primary focus being 19th Century lenses. Join at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/528153364957429/

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Re: Facebook Group on 19th Century Lenses

I like you and your work

However I am never using Fakebook or Instagram again

Please consider posting on this forum also

Quote Originally Posted by CCHarrison View Post
    I just started a new group with the primary focus being 19th Century lenses. Join at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/528153364957429/
    Tin Can

Personally, I think its unfortunate to want to siphon interest in this topic away from this form, over to Farcebook. The "walled garden" aspect alone is a deterrent.
    Last edited by paulbarden; 3-Sep-2021 at 10:09.

I am not - and never will be a FB person.

There is a something about the place that is “off”!

El Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de Porciúncula

Yay… I’m excited. Thanks!

This site and forum is such a great repository and resource - please don't take potential content away from it! It is accessible to all, logged in or not, and searchable.

Like many others I don't do Facebook (and never will), to me it is just a waste of good bandwidth.

Your website is great, it really spurred my enthusiasm when I got interested in LF and older lenses.

It may not seem like it now but Facebook is just a passing fad

Appreciate all the differing opinions.... There is a significant collecting community on FB, like it or not. I try to contribute in many forums.... my own website AntiqueCameras.net, on Facebook, here and Photrio... different strokes for different folks...

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

My Facebook Page has been dormant from day 1, but I'm a member of some Facebook Groups. I think that they're quite useful for niche interests. I also prefer the interface to forums with old interfaces that are effectively inviting migration elsewhere.

At this point, Facebook Groups have replaced Yahoo Groups, which were finally closed down last December, and are replacing some forums. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera Facebook Group has a lot more members, and is more active, than the official Blackmagic forum.

In turn, Yahoo Groups and forums like this one replaced Usenet Newsgroups and Listserv Lists. In the end, interface efficiency, ease of use and better graphic design win out.

loujon

Quote Originally Posted by r.e. View Post
    My Facebook Page has been dormant from day 1, but I'm a member of some Facebook Groups. I think that they're quite useful for niche interests. I also prefer the interface to forums with old interfaces that are effectively inviting migration elsewhere. At this point, Facebook Groups have replaced Yahoo Groups, which were finally closed down last December, and are replacing some forums. The Blackmagic Cinema Camera Facebook Group has a lot more members, and is more active, than the "official" Blackmagic forum. In turn, Yahoo Groups and forums like this one replaced Usenet Newsgroups and Listserv Lists. In the end, interface efficiency, ease of use and better graphic design win out.
    So say you. Just WILL NEVER support those who provide the runway for MISINFORMATION and demise of FACT. Don't give a shit how good the interface & graphics are. it's a RACE TO THE BOTTOM. JMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by Louis Pacilla View Post
    So say you. Just WILL NEVER support those who provide the runway for MISINFORMATION and demise of FACT. Don't give a shit how good the interface & graphics are. it's a RACE TO THE BOTTOM. JMHO.
    Misinformation, indeed disinformation, is a problem on every single social medium platform. It's a problem on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter, just to name the main ones used in North America and Europe. If you want to boycott all of them, go for it.