Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Hi, all -

Was checking out bellows on eBay for the 4x5 project yesterday and happened across this post: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3306wt_908. I contacted the seller for dimensions to see if they'd fit my Asanuma, and he replied that he can custom build a bellows to fit. I'm just curious if anyone has used these before, and what they thought of them. $80 seems a good price; I have a PM to the seller out asking about materials.

Thanks,
    Scott

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

I'd be interested in knowing too!

I am quite sure that the seller is either from Hong Kong or China, and the source of the bellow is from China for sure.

I have order one for my 8x10 Tachi in few years ago, in red color, very good quality.

Scott Davis

I emailed him via ebay to inquire. I've got a camera project I'm trying to restore and it would be interesting to see what kind of price he can give me for a new bellows for my 12x15.

Jack,

What materials are used?
    “You often feel tired, not because you've done too much, but because you've done too little of what sparks a light in you.”
    ― Alexander Den Heijer, Nothing You Don't Already Know

Peter,

I dont really know, as the bellow is more "solid" than the Tachi's old broken bellow.
    My best guess is Nylon ....

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Scott -- View Post
    Hi, all -

Was checking out bellows on eBay for the 4x5 project yesterday and happened across this post: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_3306wt_908. I contacted the seller for dimensions to see if they'd fit my Asanuma, and he replied that he can custom build a bellows to fit. I'm just curious if anyone has used these before, and what they thought of them. $80 seems a good price; I have a PM to the seller out asking about materials.

Thanks,
    Scott
    Scott,
    if you go to his Ebay site and check on his rating you can find info you need. He sells many types of bellows, even for vintage cameras (such as Zeiss Super Ikonta 6x9) and also for Linhof Technika 3000, 2000, IV,V, Toyo 810 M etc.
    You can find users comments about his bellows - from positive ones to less positive ones. One user comments about his Linhof Technika bellows as "somewhat sticky", others seem to be content for the same item. While a picture of his Zeiss Nettar camera bellows shows it's made of leather the buyer says - no, it's vinyl bellows... You find also prices for his diffferent bellows...

Scott Davis

Update- he can't/won't make bellows bigger than 8x10.

I am always rather surprised at what a cheap bunch we are at times. One would think that the security of knowing that your ever increasing costs of sheet film are complimented with bellows integrity from a reputable maker and that they will have the durability of being in service for a very very long time. Two words - Camera Bellows

Each time I see some bargain it eventually seems to go South. Inexpensive lens board arrived from a seller on the Bay. I opened up the package and dropped it in the garbage as a lesson learned. Cheap piece of plywood that I could nearly bend with my fingers. Cost me more in return shipping and hassle to get my money back. I ordered the real thing from Richard Ritter and it cost me 4x as much but I got a proper lens board that will service me for as long as I shoot.

If you can make a bellows yourself then you have some control over the materials and construction. I would rather make photographs. With sheet film for larger than 8x10 formats at the lofty prices as they are now, why screw around with it. Most of the time you get what you pay for. Pay what it is worth for craftsmanship once and never worry about it again. Just my $0.02.

believe it or not, Chamonix use similar material for their bellow.

The source of this seller are from Beijing, check this out:
    http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=6950536660

price in Chinese dollars.