Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Quote Originally Posted by Ari View Post
    So, nothing but good things to say about ecbuyonline.
    These comments are all good to hear because Rudy is a financial supporter of my two, small, large format websites. He didn't need to do it, he just thought it would benefit our community of odd-balls!

http://www.subclub.org/toko/

http://www.subclub.org/fujinon/
    Last edited by xkaes; 26-Nov-2017 at 13:49.

Quote Originally Posted by tgtaylor View Post
    I bought a used extra long (750mm) bellows from Japan so that I could use the 480 and 610mm lens with the 4x5 Toyo ROBOS but they arrived with a zillion pin holes. I contacted the seller and he promptly refunded the purchase and shipping charges and told me to keep the bellows rather than sending them back so I ended-up having the hardware for new bellows which I bought from Rudy. Rudy didn't charge extra for the long version and the bellows look works perfectly.

Thomas
    I simply marvel at the latitude a certain percentage of large format photographers maintains for a business operator that clearly does not feel a need to do any semblance of quality control over what leaves his shop and charges extra shipping for screw ups as long as the price is low. The earlier comment about "thinner than normal" bellows material was the epitome of my point about just maybe that is not a category that one would want to differentiate ones self with given the Uber sensitivity of 400 speed film. Just saying......

Back to the darkroom.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Kadillak View Post
    I simply marvel at the latitude a certain percentage of large format photographers maintains for a business operator that clearly does not feel a need to do any semblance of quality control over what leaves his shop and charges extra shipping for screw ups as long as the price is low.
    This Forum allows you to set up a simple poll -- as I have -- to get a rough estimate of your "certain percentage of large format photographers". Easy to spout off and easy to determine if true. That would give you, and us, a better perspective than "the Uber sensitivity of 400 speed film" -- whatever that means. But that's yet another poll.

Here is his current feedback:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecbuyonline.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	172324

So maybe, on second thought, another poll isn't really needed. Been there, done that.
    Last edited by xkaes; 26-Nov-2017 at 15:10.

Quote Originally Posted by xkaes View Post
    This Forum allows you to set up a simple poll -- as I have -- to get a rough estimate of your "certain percentage of large format photographers". Easy to spout off and easy to determine if true. That would give you, and us, a better perspective than "the Uber sensitivity of 400 speed film" -- whatever that means. But that's yet another poll.

Here is his current feedback:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ecbuyonline.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	172324

So maybe, on second thought, another poll isn't really needed. Been there, done that.
    Topic has a plethora of factual information on the topic at hand so from my perspective the mission has been accomplished.

Topic has a plethora of factual information on the topic at hand so from my perspective the mission has been accomplished.
    Aye, Aye, Captain!

Michael, maybe you misunderstood my post.
    The bellows were a custom job, and part of the customization was my request for thinner material; Rudy obliged and the bellows were well-suited to the camera I had, which had also been customized somewhat.
    Knowing his usual product, I felt that having a thinner material for bellows would ensure that the camera still folded easily; the 810M usually carries 650mm bellows, not 900mm.

Dave Karp

I simply marvel at the latitude a certain percentage of large format photographers maintains for a business operator that clearly does not feel a need to do any semblance of quality control over what leaves his shop and charges extra shipping for screw ups as long as the price is low. The earlier comment about "thinner than normal" bellows material was the epitome of my point about just maybe that is not a category that one would want to differentiate ones self with given the Uber sensitivity of 400 speed film. Just saying......

Back to the darkroom.
    Michael, I think you misread the quote above your post. Thomas purchased a used bellows from Japan. It was the bellows with pinholes, rather than a bellows from Rudy. The seller refunded the purchase price for the used bellows from Japan. Rudy then made a bellows to attach to the frames that were salvaged from the pinhole ridden used bellows from Japan. Thomas, the purchaser, is satisfied with Rudy's bellows.

Michael seems to be dealing with “a random sample of one,” while the rest of the world is dealing with the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by David Karp View Post
    Michael, I think you misread the quote above your post. Thomas purchased a used bellows from Japan. It was the bellows with pinholes, rather than a bellows from Rudy. The seller refunded the purchase price for the used bellows from Japan. Rudy then made a bellows to attach to the frames that were salvaged from the pinhole ridden used bellows from Japan. Thomas, the purchaser, is satisfied with Rudy's bellows.
    No, I read the post precisely as it was expressed. The first line - "The Seller" in reference to the post. Tokyo Photo was a go between. The Seller then attempted to correct the mistake and mucked it up. The contributor stated in retrospect the better course of action would have been the stable Plan B after the shipping costs started to roll up. Not exactly sure how that is a satisfied customer.

The comment above about having to ask for the best workmanship or make sure that the length is sufficient is BS from a service provider in a niche industry. The age old business axiom - "Under Promise and Over Deliver?" still rings true if you want to stay in business.

I have bought 4 sets of bellows from Rudy over 7 years and I'm happy with all of them