Thread: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Bellows from ecbuyonline2008???

Quote Originally Posted by Scott -- View Post
    Well, just to sum up: Jack is the only one with actual hands-on experience with this product, and is satisfied. Some people were happy, some unhappy with transactions on eBay. That's not new, though none of the complaints seem to have anything to do with the bellows not being light-tight, which seems to be the sticking point in this thread. Seller offers a money back, no questions asked return policy, minus shipping. For a custom-made bellows. In a couple weeks.

Now, my conundrum is whether to go for the less expensive bellows, with a very quick delivery time, or spend more for a bellows that I expect to be similar in quality, with a much longer turn-around...
    There is one fact that should come into play in this decision process. I have found that people that order large format bellows are people with enormous integrity, honesty and knowledge. If one of these people out of 20 that took the time to provide feedback had a "problem" with this seller I would personally avoid this product so you are not one of the new negative feedbacks they get at a later point in time. Their light integrity is clearly a concern that has been voiced here but that is not the only variable in the bellows game.

As a reference point I know others that sell other photographic products like custom ground glass or other manufactured products that have literally hundreds of satisfied customer transactions and have never even had a hint of any problem as their feedback is glowing with recommendations. This is specifically why they provide historical customer feedback. If you want to ignore the data then it is at your own risk. Personally I would pay more and wait longer for what I know for a fact to be the product that will serve my needs long term. Sending back a product is a totally unpleasant experience that I feel is a complete waste of time. Lastly, your comment about quality being comparable is totally a shot in the dark. You do not have sufficient information to be capable of accurately making that assertion. I have purchased a total of five bellows from Toyo, Turner Bellows, Western Bellows and Camera Bellows and Camera Bellows was head and shoulders better than any of them. That is why KB Canham uses them exclusively for all of the bellows they put on their cameras. They are made to exceptional standards and the craftsmanship is worth every penny.

Good Luck
    Last edited by Michael Kadillak; 10-Jan-2011 at 16:07. Reason: typo