I've been reading this forum long enough that I feel as if I already know many of you. Thank you for your help. I decided it was time to stop lurking, and introduce myself.

I've been a professional photographer for a few decades, and once upon a time, (late '70s, early 80s) I was a camera sales clerk and a darkroom lab rat. I am now a designer in multiple media, including furniture, landscape, computer interfaces, and print. I make heavy use of the camera for artistic, research, and documentation purposes.

For years, my primary cameras were Hassleblad, Alpa 6d, Nikon F5, and a Speed Graphic. I have an extensive collection of vintage point-and-shoots, folding, and box cameras. I have a 5x7 Premo Long Focus that I have never used. (I just bought some film for it.)

I began to stray from the film fold in 1999 when I received my first digital Nikon as a gift. In the name of full employment, I eventually traded the Hassleblad & the Alpa for a D200 and an Epson 4800 printer. And most recently, I upgraded to a D700.

For the last five years, I have only shot a few rolls of film -- until last month, when I hit a wall trying to express an architectural idea with a digital camera. Even the full frame D700 couldn't deliver the depth & clarity I needed. So, I dusted off the Graphic, found the focal plane shutter froze but the copal still worked... I got the job done, and fell in love again with large format.

So, after spending lots of time reading this site, I made the plunge and "updated" my equipment. I am now experimenting with a 4x5 Wisner Technical Field camera, 150mm f5.6 APO-Symmar, 210mm f5.6 Nikkor-W, 90mm f8 Super Angulon, and a 300mm f9 Nikkor-M. I haven't posted these to my profile, yet, because they still are not my primary tools. But I hope they soon will be.

Comments, suggestions, and questions are welcome. I look forward to sharing the journey!