Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get a Free 2011 Calendar of Frank Petronio's ~Architectural~ Photography

Get a Free 2011 Calendar of Frank Petronio's ~Architectural~ Photography

Simply send them your address: events@newenergyworks.com

http://www.newenergyworks.com

I did the cover and some, not all, of the guts. No nakedness but just as dangerous as you may very well be inspired to drop a couple hundred... err, million on a nice timberframe home.

Anyway, they're a nice company and if you like architecture, eco-business, and nude trees, you'll eat it up.

(shhh... And please don't tell anyone I shoot this stuff, it might damage my reputation... shhh)

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Re: Get a Free 2011 Calendar of Frank Petronio's ~Architectural~ Photography

email sent
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

me too!

me three!
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

I quickly began to think about timber in roof constructions rather than photography. And the american style of "crazy paving" in stonework. And how to heat-insulate this kind of roof? And why not make these curve sections to a center post in laminated timbers instead of curve cut straight timber pieces? And etc.
    Very well illuminated.

fancy sending one to the uk?

I quickly began to think about timber in roof constructions rather than photography. And the american style of "crazy paving" in stonework.
    Timberframing started in Europe, as for the stonework, it guess that is just a fad or perhaps the idea that you use everything at hand? Makes more sense than cutting stone, I think. Most timberframes are very well insulated with massive timbers and foam insulated panels in between. As for the curves, yes a gluebeam probably wastes less wood but for some of the designs the people want larger timbers and an authentic look, I wouldn't cut a curve myself, I think it's a give away that a computer made the cut, I prefer a more rustic look. What is the sin is when the timid architect specs mechanical fasteners on large timbers instead of trusting the traditional joints, which wastes the wood.

I probably wouldn't build a timberframe myself but they are fun to watch being raised and I enjoy the workers a lot.

Open timber framing works very well sometimes with cast iron. We lots of public buildings (railway stations and Tramway depots) in Denmark from the very early 20th C that have open roof constructions where the architect has designed the cast metal fixtures to go with the heavy timber constructions.

Got my calendar today! That was fast. The homes are, of course, beautiful and the photography is excellent. It would have been nice if the photographers were credited, though.

Frank, which ones are yours?
    Jim Cole
    Flagstaff, AZ

The cover and some of the interior shots. Mostly the well lit perfect ones ;-p

I don't work with them anymore but as far as building a good quality home, they're a great company.