Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Fine Art

Re: Fine Art

I really like that! Shoot more colour!

Quote Originally Posted by Ash View Post
    I really like that! Shoot more colour!
    That shot is my favorite in spite he's got some incredible ones in there...for whatever reason, the color one is lovely.

Preston Birdwell

Lovely and evocative work.

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

ladder

Quote Originally Posted by ustas View Post
    [IMG][/IMG]

"Rublevka life"
    4x5 Acros 100
    Graf Variable f8

P.S. Rublevka or Rublyovka is an unofficial name of a prestigious residential area west of Moscow, Russia. The residences of many Government officials and successful businesspeople are located along Rublevka. Real estate prices there are some of the highest in the world.

Very Nice, I like the tonal quality of the Servant. The apparent lighting looks to be a combination of filtered light from a balcony, perhaps? Within the limits of the forum viewing the subtle highlights on the lower calf as they merge with the high white value of the object in the background (not sure as to what it is). Is this an elaborate stage or was it taken in an actual apartment?
    Interesting the application of the indifference given by the cast of each eyes or the focus of the eyes. The servant peers abstractly ahead (past) the one she renders service while the one served stares strait into the camera, almost coldly at best or with some accent of distaste. Ah, the other s say that this is more than just an apartment! I would have to say that to me this one is the best.
    Last edited by C.T. Greene; 8-Mar-2011 at 13:24. Reason: additional

another one

Ah, now this is beautiful & perplexing as well as simply beautiful.
    At first, look I thought an available light shot in early morning or evening . . but the light ratio is very close? Studying the model's frontal view gives away the aspect of the ambient side-lighting (highlights) but the lack of shadow in front (note upper body shadow of hands with highlights on breast) of the lower portion of her body. Which tends to indicate some kind of fill light (reflector or umbrella) then the hot spot on the toes of the heels tend to collaborate it . . On the other hand, reflection on the floor at the model's feet & the slight shadow being cast at the base of the drapes' tend to refute a secondary light source beyond available light! Highlights & shadow tones from ear says a low angle of the sun early morning - evening . . rather cool in color tone (drapery?) compared to the warmer tones on her frontal view facing the camera. Chrome?
    The of the prop of the cigarette (?) is an excellent ploy giving a focal point & reason for the placement of the left hand, very natural but the left arm, there seems to be obscured, the shadow (highlight) doesn't seem quite right? Ya, I know night-picking, a great shot!