Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: A Pragmatic Kodak Thread

Re: A Pragmatic Kodak Thread

does Acros have the same problem with the magenta dye like TMX and TMY do? I'm using my last box of Efke 100, with plans to move to FP4+(better Q.C. and its roughly the same price as the PL100 anyhow).

since I am developing by inspection, will this behave like the TMX/TMY, and not allow me to be able to "see" the highlights with the green safelight. An IR headset is too expensive for me right now, and its no problem using the green light.

Acros costs more per sheet(20sheet box) anyhow than TMY-2, look here(13,260¥=~$157USD)

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...products_id=30

-Dan

Sandy,

I rarely get into reciprocity territory, but Acros is my favorite slow film. I tend to need as much speed as I can get with reasonably short exposures, so TMY-2 suits me better than Acros under most conditions. I do love Acros in 35mm with Halcyon, and It would be great for 8x10 with my Verito in direct sunlight, but for me, TMY-2 is much more versatile.

Foamer

I don't see what the problem is. Couldn't the 8x10 shooters just tape two 4x5 sheets together and call it 8x10? Where's the problem solving skills around here?

Kent in sD
    In contento ed allegria
    Notte e di vogliam passar!

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post
    I don't see what the problem is. Couldn't the 8x10 shooters just tape two 4x5 sheets together and call it 8x10? Where's the problem solving skills around here?

Kent in sD
    They could, but it would in fact, be only 1/2 of an 8x10! It seems we all suffer problem solving skills of one kind or another.

Quote Originally Posted by Two23 View Post

Kent in sD
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    They could, but it would in fact, be only 1/2 of an 8x10! It seems we all suffer problem solving skills of one kind or another.
    Hmm… someone didn't do too well in geometry!
    Michael Cienfuegos

Drew Wiley

Daniel - FP4 has an even more stubborn magenta dye than TMax; at least it is harder
    to wash out. ACROS is very hard to get in 8x10, and at least the sheets I have are
    on a relatively thin flexible base which requires me to use adhesive film holders; but I
    wish someone would seriously import a batch or it - a lot more versatile for a film this
    speed than FP4. Given Jay's idea above, maybe we could just scotch tape together
    four by five sheets of all the above and get the ultimate 8x10 film!