I would like to share a recent experience with PayPal.

I'm mainly a buyer on Ebay but in October I sold a Super Ikonta to a gentleman in Hong Kong. Living in Canada there were only two shipping options via Canada Post, expedited air $75 (7-10 day delivery) or International ground $35 (4-6 weeks). The buyer wanted the expedited option for the international ground price. After much back and forth he paid for the camera +the $35 through PayPal and the item was mailed, insured with a tracking number which I forwarded to the buyer.

Within two weeks I received notice of a dispute from PayPal and a "claim" the next day. This resulted in the funds being frozen in my account and my account balance going negative. Even though I could prove the item was mailed, I scanned and sent the invoices along with the tracking number, the payment was reversed. I called PayPal and they said the Canada Post tracking site was unclear (the site simply states the package has left the country). I suggested my options and influence with the national postal service site was rather limited. They did offer that once the item arrived I could appeal.

Since no signature is required the buyer if he is so inclined can enjoy his free camera.

Having been mainly a buyer I can somewhat understand the bias but it sure seems a case of being guilty until proven innocent. I've had over 120 transactions on Ebay and about 30 on this forum with without a single issue but that did not seen to matter.

After this experience I searched this forum and read with interest the thread started by Brian Ellis back in Jan of this year. I wish I had read it sooner.

As always know the rules of the game if you are going to play.