Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 32404142
Results 411 to 419 of 419

Thread: 6x17 Images

  1. #411

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    37

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Thanks, still don't know why it seems so difficult to make a good panoramic photo work.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

  2. #412
    8x10, 5x7, 4x5, et al Leigh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland, USA
    Posts
    5,096

    Lightbulb Re: 6x17 Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    Thanks, still don't know why it seems so difficult to make a good panoramic photo work.
    For a panorama to look "right", the axis of rotation (vertical) must pass through the 1st lens node.
    The node location varies with each lens design and focal length.

    It also varies slightly due to manufacturing tolerances within any specific product line.

    - Leigh
    If you believe you can, or you believe you can't... you're right.

  3. #413
    SE Penna. chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Havoc View Post
    The first photo I really liked from the Fuji G617 with some Velvia 50. Chapelle Saint-André close to the Mont Saint-Michel.

    Yes this is good.

  4. #414

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    37

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    For a panorama to look "right", the axis of rotation (vertical) must pass through the 1st lens node.
    The node location varies with each lens design and focal length.

    It also varies slightly due to manufacturing tolerances within any specific product line.

    - Leigh
    Leigh, I do understand where you are going but my problem is -I think- one of composition. Often I stand somewhere and I'm taken in by the view. But when I see the photos it is just bland, saying nothing. Empty, void of any content.
    Expert in non-working solutions.

  5. #415

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Washougal, Washington
    Posts
    231

    Re: 6x17 Images

    The Barlow House. Canby, Oregon

    Built in 1885 by Wm. Barlow, who's dad built the famous Barlow Trail segment of the Oregon Trail. The Barlow Trail crossed the Cascade Range on the flanks of Mount Hood as an alternate to the difficult Columbia Gorge segment of the Oregon Trail.

    # BUHI 295. This is a film negative scan. Camera: Fotoman 617, converted to 615 format. lens 80mm Super Symmar XL, YG filter, film:FP4

    . . Barlow House. Canby, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr

    More about the 615 format here...
    https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...0-film.143873/

    Reinhold
    www.re-inventedPhotoEquip.com
    Last edited by Reinhold Schable; 12-Dec-2017 at 17:31.

  6. #416
    Mohammad Reza Alvandi panoral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Iran
    Posts
    159

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Iran, Tehran, Panoral 617 camera, Schneider Super Angulon 90/5.6, Schneider IIIC center filter, Fujicolor Superia 100, 120 color negative 6x17 roll film


  7. #417

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Washougal, Washington
    Posts
    231

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Cemetery, at Dufur, Oregon...
    Dufur Oregon's cemetery is on a lonely, windswept hill on the grasslands east of Mount Hood.
    Nearby, a Charley Brown doll had been placed next to a marker for a young boy (unrelated) who also died too early on this lovely, lonely land.

    . . Dufur, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr

    Neg # CE 151. A scan of a 6x17 negative from my custom 5x7 camera, 90mm lens, YG filter, TMY film.

    Reinhold
    www.classicBWphoto.com

  8. #418

    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Washougal, Washington
    Posts
    231

    Re: 6x17 Images

    While it's not 1:3 format, this chuckle from my 8x20 camera is in "landscape" format...

    The playground at Crosby, North Dakota:

    . . Crosby, ND by Reinhold S., on Flickr

    Reinhold
    www.classicBWphoto.com

  9. #419
    SE Penna. chassis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,491

    Re: 6x17 Images

    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhold Schable View Post
    The Barlow House. Canby, Oregon

    Built in 1885 by Wm. Barlow, who's dad built the famous Barlow Trail segment of the Oregon Trail. The Barlow Trail crossed the Cascade Range on the flanks of Mount Hood as an alternate to the difficult Columbia Gorge segment of the Oregon Trail.

    # BUHI 295. This is a film negative scan. Camera: Fotoman 617, converted to 615 format. lens 80mm Super Symmar XL, YG filter, film:FP4

    . . Barlow House. Canby, Oregon by Reinhold S., on Flickr

    More about the 615 format here...
    https://www.photrio.com/forum/thread...0-film.143873/

    Reinhold
    www.re-inventedPhotoEquip.com
    Really nice Reinhold. Did you by chance also make this image in color? It would be interesting to compare.

Similar Threads

  1. Help with compression research (Need sample images)
    By schngrg in forum Digital Processing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 25-Jan-2007, 22:09
  2. Help with displaying website images
    By Stephen Willard in forum On Photography
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-Jan-2007, 23:35
  3. What to do with my 6x17 negs?
    By austin granger in forum Darkroom: Film, Processing & Printing
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 2-Oct-2004, 15:06

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •