Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 16242526

Thread: Kodak discontinues all but 4x5 TMAX films

Re: Kodak discontinues all but 4x5 TMAX films

I am quite sure that Tmax 3200 was available in 120 format. At least I think that I have shoot couple of rolls...
    Have to check if I recall right or were those too delta 3200 rolls.
    Jukka Vuokko
    Flickr

I know there are many digital film grain simulators but there was something really nice about the randomness of analogue film grain that I really still miss

-Rob bigcameraworkshops.com Robert Skeoch's Avatar

After learning that Kodak had discontinued the 400 Tmax in 8x10 I ordered all I could get from the distributor. I still have 7 boxes of 10 sheets each in stock. It's $74.08 per box or $69 each if you want all 7. Shipping on top of that plus tax if you're in Canada.
    If you use paypal you can pay in USA or Canadian dollars. If you use a credit card it has to be in Canadian. The dollar's at par today.

I also have two boxes of 5x7 Tri-X in stock. That was all they could get me.

Tmax 100 in 5x7 is sold out.

-Rob Skeoch
    email me if you're interested at "skeoch@sympatico.ca"

Quote Originally Posted by jvuokko View Post
    I am quite sure that Tmax 3200 was available in 120 format. At least I think that I have shoot couple of rolls...
    If they did do it in 120, it was quite some time ago. More than 5 years ago. Maybe it was available in 120 in the 80's or 90's, I don't know. I wasn't shooting film then.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Skeoch View Post
    After learning that Kodak had discontinued the 400 Tmax in 8x10 I ordered all I could get from the distributor. I still have 7 boxes of 10 sheets each in stock. It's $74.08 per box or $69 each if you want all 7. Shipping on top of that plus tax if you're in Canada.
    If you use paypal you can pay in USA or Canadian dollars. If you use a credit card it has to be in Canadian. The dollar's at par today.

-Rob Skeoch
    The good news is that in less than a week we put together over 220 boxes of 8x10 TMY for a Special Order from Canham Cameras so fear not - this fine emulsion will remain in the stable for a long time to come. Keith's web site has the details. The reason that I mention this Rob is that there is an excellent opportunity to be a part of this arrangement if it makes sense for you. I also have some ideas as to how we are going to make ULF work.

Cordless Bungee Jumper Sirius Glass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Skeoch View Post

-Rob Skeoch
    While I do not shoot 8x10, I have done similar purchases to keep the discontinued film from the hoarders. You must be very smart because you think like I do.
    Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Quote Originally Posted by jvuokko View Post
    I believe you must be thinking about Delta 3200 as that came in 120.

From a very old silverprint catalogue (2004) I have found in a box here recently - Tmax 3200 was described as: "The ultimate in speed with existing technologies, not produced in 120 as apparently cosmic radiation would fog it without the protection of a metal cassette!"

On a side note, looking through the catalogue again you realise just how many films have now gone and how the price of things has gone up!

Tri X 5x4" 50 sheets for £35.09 or 8x10 50 sheets for £116.91 anyone? Or maybe 10 sheets of 20"x24" Oriental Seagull FB paper for £43.90, or 25 sheets of 20"x24" Ilfachrome paper for £184.49.

Quote Originally Posted by James Hilton View Post
    ...From a very old silverprint catalogue (2004) I have found in a box here recently - Tmax 3200 was described as: "The ultimate in speed with existing technologies, not produced in 120 as apparently cosmic radiation would fog it without the protection of a metal cassette!"...
    I don't remember TMAX 3200 having been offered in 120. If it wasn't, Kodak made the decision strictly for marketing reasons. Silverprint's explanation is not fact-based. Metal 135 cassettes offer absolutely no attenuation of cosmic radiation. Neither does lead. The only effective protection from cosmic radiation is by a substantial quantity of earth, as in being some distance underground. Even then, it's important to not be near granite, since fogging from radon would negate the lack of cosmic radiation.