Good Morning photo folks;
I have joined LFPF some time ago and have used it to find information now and then. But now I need some technical info to make the switch to a semi digital process. So I best introduce myself to you all. My name is Ray. I have been an avid photo nut for as long as I can remember, and also operated my own portrait and wedding studio for a number of years; (An experience that can make one wonder if the human race has a future.)

When I closed my studio I went back into black iron work and machining. I disposed of my studio gear by setting up at camera shows. In the process of selling off my photo gear I took items in trade and before I realized it I was a camera collector. After collecting all sorts of cameras I finally found my nitch in LF. I have a nice collection of Graphlex/Graphic cameras and also a number of B&Js view cameras, press cameras and etc.

I am now retired and and consider myself a historical photographer. I collect historical photos, copy family albums, and record the passing of of buildings and landmarks before they are destroyed by "progress."

What I am trying to do as of now is photocopy the old photos with film and scan the film into a computer. I just can not let go of film as my archival back up. I have a v700 epson scanner, a HP c5180 printer and an outdated dell computer. The v700 is a keeper but I could use some advice on replacing the computer for one that is compatible with the v700 and photo use in general. I would also like to update to a printer that has very good B&W capabilities as well as color.

I am also considering having my photo set-up self contained. I am sick and tired of computer problems generated by the internet.

Well, photo folks this is who I am, and this is what I can use advice upon. Please keep in mind that I am a digital novice so don't go overboard on technicalities. I want to use the equipment, not build it.

A $1000 or less for a computer and several hundred for a printer will probally fit in my budget. I don't need top of the line items, just something that will serve my purposes adequatly.

Thank You All,
Enjoy Your Lives Today...RAY