Page 78 of 406 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088128178 ... LastLast

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

A very refreshing change in many ways from the majority of nudes posted here Maris. Great image.

Quote Originally Posted by Maris Rusis View Post

A male nude to overcome the lack of them: visual drama, yes; tender beauty, no!
    Beautiful!

Quote Originally Posted by George Kara View Post
    Nana, let me first say your work is first rate and there are many stunning images. Your figurative work is very creative and slick. You certainly have it going on. I thought I mentioned that I shoot format 99% of the time to reproduce my artwork. I have hundreds and probably thousands of nudes in paintings and drawings but again, this is the large format forum and not the place to display any such work. Every week I draw from the live model to keep up my technique. Most of those models are not beauty kings or queens. Each one however has a profound beautiful and innate dignity. I have also done many many nude self portraits. I am the cheapest model available and can work odd hours.

Commercial work of course is a different animal and your commercial work is very creative and I am sure well worth whatever fee you charge. I am surprised that you couldn't get men or women to sit for you once they see your portfolio - purely as an artistic enterprise. Actually I would say you are the exception to what I was generally speaking of Nana. Respect.
    I donīt do commercial photography with film cameras, George, actually, I'm a professional musician, not a professional photographer. I teach some Landscape, studio portrait and darkroom Workshops but I don't consider myself a professional photographer, I just do some studio sessions with digital camera for CD covers of friends of mine, most singers and musicians.
    I live in Portugal, here it's very hard to be considered an artist photographer...I keep doing my photos, I have my own lab equiped with jobo ATL 2 processor and 3 LF enlargers, so I'm a lucky guy...perhaps someday I can find an agent or gallery out of Portugal who is interested in representing me. I thought that the article about me on B&W Magazine would help...I was wrong....

Nana,

Any agent ought to be proud to be able to represent your work.

Quote Originally Posted by msk2193 View Post
    Nana,

Any agent ought to be proud to be able to represent your work.
    Please, send me his/her phone number....

This is my third try ever at scanning and fixing dust with PS. So I'm not sure how it will come out...
    Title: I bug girls.

PS: still hate computers with a burning passion of a thousand suns.

Nana do you have flickr? I am really admire your photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nana Sousa Dias View Post
    I donīt do commercial photography with film cameras, George, actually, I'm a professional musician, not a professional photographer. I teach some Landscape, studio portrait and darkroom Workshops but I don't consider myself a professional photographer, I just do some studio sessions with digital camera for CD covers of friends of mine, most singers and musicians.

@dupont07: Nana has already shown his photos link in photo.net, page 75 this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by cyrus View Post
    This is my third try ever at scanning and fixing dust with PS. So I'm not sure how it will come out...
    Title: I bug girls.

PS: still hate computers with a burning passion of a thousand suns.
    Cyrus,

You're so creative! You must have been pretty confident that the bug does not like human flesh! An interesting picture and an amazing bug. What is it and what's the length of that critter? I wonder about the two sparkling jewels on the upper right that, (to me, at least), are distracting to your fascinating and unusual composition of "The Beast and Beauty"

Asher

Hi Asher and thanks
    The bug is a beetle, long dead and dried as a scientific specimen. I have a bunch of bugs that I've been placing on beautiful women and taking their photos. It is about 2 inches long. I couldn't do much about the navel piercing - they all have tattoos and piercings nowdays. My fiance was a sport about the bugs though neither of us can stomach the tarantula.