Page 52 of 406 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102152 ... LastLast

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
    George,

You'll forgive me if I don't rtecognize you as an acknowledged international authority on art or aesthetics, but...

I didn't get the memo. Sorry.

Passing off your personal opinions as universal truths is much more juvenile than the photo subjects that you criticize, IM[-H]O.

- Leigh
    Leigh perhaps you should take the time to spell correctly and string a sentence together. You obviously have nothing to say other than "my name is troll".

Exclamation Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by George Kara View Post
    You obviously have nothing to say other than "my name is troll".
    Typical nonsense. Unable to rebut the statement, so you resort to name calling.

Me, a troll? Certainly not.

- Leigh

Sure I will make some. I flew more than 1000 km and found that I forget the film box at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    nice to see images again!

But make some in LF....

The work below is a painting and Im sure to get in trouble again for posting a non photo image. The original painting was shot using large format as well as other photographic formats.

This work is oil and encaustic on canvas. 4'x4'. I call it "ring of fire" and I painted it for a Scottsdale area swinger who has a lot of money and a bankrupt morality.

The work is intended to be filthy, naked and a-sexual. Parts of the encaustic were left un-pigmented to resemble dried semen and body fluids. I wanted the work to be sad, disgusting, exploitive and somehow beautiful. The man who commissioned the work asked for his money back. I refused. This is the idea I meant for the difference between naked and nude.

Quote Originally Posted by George Kara View Post
    Well the beaver shots are simply little boy fantasies - whether its shot using a large format camera, a cell phone or a bad manga drawing. They are all universally uninteresting and bad. . . .
    The above painting is worth the proverbial thousand words in making George's point.

Quote Originally Posted by dupont07 View Post

Few weeks ago, I intended to shoot some LF nude shots, unfortunately, I forgot the film box. So I had to shoot MF instead of LF.

I will try again with my 4x5 or 5x7.
    Beautiful. The addition of the flowers allows the her feelings to be shown as well as her own beauty. This picture deserves our kudos!

Asher

The three dimensionality of this is interesting too. Did you flash fill?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Jones View Post
    The above painting is worth the proverbial thousand words in making George's point.
    What is your point? You know its OK to say something sucks in your opinion. If you think it sucks please explain how and why. To me, Veiled discussions and criticisms serve little point and its a bit maddening. Using shopworn cliches such as "a proverbial thousand words" provides no insight into your opinion.

Do you not like the proportion of the figures. Does the sight of an erection make you uncomfortable? Do you think the composition uninteresting? Do you feel the execution of the figures lack emotion or technique? Do you think the limited palette somehow detracts from the image? Is the subject matter to obvious or simplistic or to complex?

To me, the creator of an image is not the owner of its meaning or lack there-of. It is the viewer that breathes life or death to the image. It would be wonderful to see the highly skilled participants in the forum actually step up to the plate and say a few meaningful words other than, beautiful or lovely.

I dared to express an opinion about the beaver shots in here and stepped over the hidden boundaries of a few participants, but such is life.

George,

Maybe photographers are not interested in commenting on a painting at a photography forum? Just a hunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    George,

Maybe photographers are not interested in commenting on a painting at a photography forum? Just a hunch.
    Perhaps because we don't feel competent. I long ago recognised my limitations as a painter and admitted to myself that I'm much better at photography. So I'm certainly not qualified to comment on painting, but I can have an opinion.

I think this piece by George is profound and beautifully executed. I think comparison with any contemporary work would rank it among the best and I think it achieves very well what he intended. In my opinion, a great example of artistic vision and painterly skill.

Thanks for sharing it, George.

Barry.