Page 110 of 406 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4060

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

I never said lens was @f2.

Is her name f2?

I am making an unauthorized crop. Dang, I love the square!

For me, the original looks and feels like two separate images (one being out-of-focus). Of course if that was what you were going for, it worked! And such a separation is great if one is making a statement about objectifing women's bodies ("Hey mister, my eyes are up here." sort of thing), or perhaps saying something about being a paraplegic and being separated from the rest of one's body because one can't feel it anymore.

It is an interesting and striking image, as shown by the interest in it!

Very nice cbk

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    Is her name f2?

I am making an unauthorized crop. Dang, I love the square!

For me, the original looks and feels like two separate images (one being out-of-focus). Of course if that was what you were going for, it worked! And such a separation is great if one is making a statement about objectifing women's bodies ("Hey mister, my eyes are up here." sort of thing), or perhaps saying something about being a paraplegic and being separated from the rest of one's body because one can't feel it anymore.

It is an interesting and striking image, as shown by the interest in it!
    I'm guessing the F2 is the camera.

Dominik

CBK good photo made with a nice camera.

Dominik

Quote Originally Posted by Jay DeFehr View Post
    I'm guessing the F2 is the camera.
    Ahhh, the Sinar F2! Comes the dawn!

Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post

why can't it be?
    buzzzz!!
    contact print, no photoshop,
    Ok, cool, so I am going to make myself a pest again. And please, I understand you have no OBLIGATION to explain anything about your image on a public forum. So far you seem to prefer "tersity". But I will soldier on because I'd like to know how it was done. Answer or not that is your choice.

(And in general I'd like to see more details about the photo posts. Focus considerations, lighting, composition, motivation etc. So don't take it personally)

1. So the focus plane is inclined to the body how much? Front standard tilted forward right?

2. The focus plane intersects her head just below eye level?

3. Lighting?

4. How did you prepare the online presentation? Scan of the contact print? How? Any edit of the digital file after scan?

5. What was your motivation? How did it happen? Spur of the moment or carefully worked out with your model?

Thanks!!

Wow..... I just like the image.

Quote Originally Posted by gth View Post
    =1. So the focus plane is inclined to the body how much? Front standard tilted forward right?
    right,
    2. The focus plane intersects her head just below eye level?
    ??
    3. Lighting?
    one strobe (main) over the camera little right, one strone (-1EV) under the camera little left, one strobe (-2EV) behind the model facing the background.
    4. How did you prepare the online presentation? Scan of the contact print? How? Any edit of the digital file after scan
    Scan of contact print, agfa arcus II flatbed scanner, no edit after scan, just made levels to see the scan exactly the same as the print is. (Scanned with low contrast)
    5. What was your motivation? How did it happen? Spur of the moment or carefully worked out with your model?
    this shot was a spur of the moment, I just wanted to shoot through my newly purchased camera and lens.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by cbk View Post
    right,

??

one strobe (main) over the camera little right, one strone (-1EV) under the camera little left, one strobe (-2EV) behind the model facing the background.

Scan of contact print, agfa arcus II flatbed scanner, no edit after scan, just made levels to see the scan exactly the same as the print is. (Scanned with low contrast)

this shot was a spur of the moment, I just wanted to shoot through my newly purchased camera and lens.
    Thanks
    Thanks cbk!

With regards to placement of the inclined (to the body) focus plane (the "virtual" surface that is in focus) it is in front of the lower body (so body is out of focus) then goes through the model at eye level or slightly below (I think the chin in softer than the top of head) making he hair almost to her ears be in focus. That's how I see it. Sorry to be stupidly nerdy about this, it's all kind a self evident when you focus on the GG .... however I'd like to be able to understand what I see in a photo in terms of the view camera manipulation.

Good work cbk! It all came together nicely.

/gth