Page 101 of 405 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4049

Thread: Nude

Re: Nude

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J McDonald View Post
    C'mon, Gandolfi's a good sport.
    I agree that he is a good sport and his work is wonderful...

I really cant get over the other posters flip comment about the model being thin. Talk about out of place and rude?! WTF did that have to do with the picture posted?

Gandolfi reacted with class and restraint...I would not have.

I made a post about this a while back in this thread. Frank responded about the tattoos. That was due to some other rejects here making comments about the tattoos my finace Lori has and that were shown in some photos on here. I did not respond with any class or restraint

At times the line of good taste get crossed. There is plenty of room to have fun and joke around but the idea is to show photographs and, if requested, get and recieved honest feedback.

My opinion and take that for what it is worth.
    david

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    a simple form in 4x5..

Kala on wood (no splinters....)
    Beautiful image and model. Exquisite.
    "There are two dirty words in photography; one is 'art', and the other is 'good taste'." - Helmut Newton

Quote Originally Posted by Tom J McDonald View Post
    C'mon, Gandolfi's a good sport.
    For me, it is not a matter if the photographer is a good sport or not -- it is if others might have images they may not post here because of the randy comments posted by others. And for the record, the comments about splinters do not cross the line -- however if someone volunteered to remove any splinters, that does (IMO) cross the line.

Vaughn

Well, for the record my comment was not directed towards Gandolfi. I concede that it might be difficult, maybe even inappropriate to engage in criticism of a posters work in a public forum unless specifically asked for. That could get off track rapidly and/or discourage new posters.

However on subjects that are not relevant to LF you seem to be able to go at each other fairly heavy.

I thought Frank's comments a while ago about the pros and cons of distressing a presentation resulted in a good discussion.... so it can be done....

For me, I suppose what I like to see more of, would be more full featured comments on posted work, from the (especially experienced) posters themselves. More than exposure and film data. Choices made at the moment, lighting etc. What problems you encountered in processing and printing etc.

I just read AA's 40 photographs and I found that illuminating.

And sorry (not) to break in on the Toga Party.... where's the beer??

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    a simple form in 4x5..

Kala on wood (no splinters....)

Emil,

This picture of Kara sitting on an old tree trunk, denuded of bark, is interesting in that it contrasts the brutally rough and highly detailed but generally longitudinal texture of the weathered wood with smooth curves and continuos gentle shading of a young strong vibrant woman.

Here Kara is no passive model, but poised and seemingly having reserved energy that she could release at any moment, springing up from this position. This picture works wonderfully as it is. You do not need any advice in making great pictures and I admire this work just as you share it. Still, if you might allow, I have some points I wonder about.

I would have thought you might perhaps have had her tuck in her head just a tad more to continue the lines of her nose to those of the legs close to her chest. As it is, here head pull a lot of attention away from her body. It's so handsome that one is forced to spend time there and that unbalances the picture. I'd ask about cropping away the top 1/2 of her head to redistribute power in the image.

Your work is impressive and always delivers a strong experience. Thanks for sharing this admirable picture. I hope one day I can travel to Denmark to learn from you.

Asher

The tones are so rich & striking.
    The triangle composition is classic and powerful.

Bravo!

r

Quote Originally Posted by Asher Kelman View Post
    I would have thought you might perhaps have had her tuck in her head just a tad more to continue the lines of her nose to those of the legs close to her chest. As it is, here head pull a lot of attention away from her body.
    I disagree.
    The chin can't break the line of her arm.

............ I'd ask about cropping away the top 1/2 of her head to redistribute power in the image.
    I disagree.
    I cropped it several different ways just to see, and I think Emil has it right.

Your work is impressive and always delivers a strong experience. Thanks for sharing this admirable picture. I hope one day I can travel to Denmark to learn from you.
    I agree.

Gandolfi,

Can you tell me how this pose was lit?

/gth

Dominique through a 400 plasticca