Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Processing E-6 in Brisbane, Australia. DIY or are there labs that do it?

Processing E-6 in Brisbane, Australia. DIY or are there labs that do it?

I am brand new to LF (shot five B&W 4x5's so far!) and have never developed anything myself (I also shoot 120). I've heard doing E-6 yourself is a bit hard for most, so would it be advisable for me to at least try (I intend using quite a bit of Velvia and Provia), or should I get a lab to do it?

I don't know of any labs in Brisbane that do 4x5, so if anyone has recommendations, I'd be very appreciative, even if I need to mail them to another city to get it done. My only other idea is sending it to dr5.com in the USA.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated :-)

Daniel.

Re: Processing E-6 in Brisbane, Australia. DIY or are there labs that do it?

Hi Daniel,

There's a few labs around Australia that will happily do E6 4x5"
    In Melbourne, there's Vanbar, LabX (who may have been evicted last week), Bond Imaging, Prism and others.

No need to send overseas, I'm sure!!

Marc!

There's a couple in Sydney too: there's the Lighthouse lab that does at least up to 8x10 (and possibly 11x14) for E6 and C41 and Vision Image Lab that I think does at least 4x5...

The Lighthouse gets all of my film so I can't really comment on Vision.

Dave, that's good to know that Lighthouse does C41, as LabX were the only lab I know in Melb, and they appear to have closed... and me with a fridge full of Ektar 100...

Marc!

Glad to be of assistance. I should probably include a link of some sort - this is the Lighthouse Lab's blog and there is also a facebook page. The proprietor, Stephen Frizza, is fairly active on APUG.

Lachlan 717

Quote Originally Posted by munz6869 View Post
    Dave, that's good to know that Lighthouse does C41, as LabX were the only lab I know in Melb, and they appear to have closed... and me with a fridge full of Ektar 100...

Marc!
    Prism does e-6 Tuesdays and Thursdays.
    Lachlan.

You miss 100% of the shots you never take. -- Wayne Gretzky

Thanks everyone. I've sent Steve Frizza a flickrmail :-)

Dan,

Try Allchromes at Bowen Hills

Craig, you're a champ! I'll call them Monday :-)

Allchromes do E6, but not sure about the 45, i've done 120 and 35mm there before. I just sent a roll of 35mm E6 this tuesday, and they told me it will took a week.

I maybe consider to post my next rolls to Atkins, Adelaide, which I heard is the best lab in Australia.