Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4x5 fish eye?

4x5 fish eye?

Dave,

The 37mm for the RB or RZ (yes the RB can be used on the RZ, however it will just have the features of the RB) is a Great lens for this application. It's not 4x5 but you are talking about 6x7,6x9,or 6x12, so not a big issue with this quality lens. So I second Miles' suggestion. You will not be disapionted, I consider this one of my most profitable lenses.

4x5 fish eye?

It appears the easiest thing under the circumstances is rent the 37 fish eye for the RZ. Thanks for all the suggestions guys!!

Dave

Andy Eads
    Pasco, Washington - the dry side of the state

4x5 fish eye?

Many moons ago, I modified a 37mm Mamiya fish-eye to fit a Linhof Kardan 45S view camera. I bought a mounting flange from Mamiya (as a repair part), put it on the lens board, made a retainer for the shutter cocking lever from a paper clip, and made some fabulous, full round images. We made several prints at 40" final diameter and they held up beautifully. I had a machine shop mill off the integral lens shade (protector) tabs, otherwise they would show in a full circle image. The lens had to be cocked from the back side of the lens board ut on a camera like the Kardan, that was easy. Good luck!

4x5 fish eye?

Try the 35mm 4.5 Apo Grandagon. It almost covers 45 but is, of course, rectalinear.