Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: View Camera Magazine, Special Edition

Re: View Camera Magazine, Special Edition

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Petronio View Post
    Sure, plenty of slack. Just read what I wrote....

Hey I already know he won't take my comments the right way, but the intent is to encourage him to keep up the nice quality design and extra attention to proofing that this last issue had. It doesn't require an expensive designer or more than a few hours, it's just a little effort for an important gain.
    And how much time does Spell Check take?

It was a wonderful issue. What a pleasant change.

John

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Yes, it's a wonderful issue, from a wonderful journal. Paul Caponigro has published new work in VC on multiple occasions; if it's good enough for him to contribute to, it's more than good enough for me to appreciate.

And if I can expect a monograph from a single artist like this each year, all the more reason to keep supporting a fine publication.
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    Yes, it's a wonderful issue, from a wonderful journal. Paul Caponigro has published new work in VC on multiple occasions; if it's good enough for him to contribute to, it's more than good enough for me to appreciate.

And if I can expect a monograph from a single artist like this each year, all the more reason to keep supporting a fine publication.
    Some have supported the publication from the start, over two decades; perhaps this current issue is our reward. I wonder how many of those singing the praise of this issue, have supported the publication through the years.

There is no doubt that this issue is a high point in the history of View Camera. However, think about the planning, the cost, the design and printing; could such a product be expected as an annual monograph?

If one has such expectations, then your support is imperative. It is easy to criticise and opine. However, the future and quality of the publication depends a great deal on this group, and others interested in large format photography.

I have subscribed internationally, i.e. the online edition, for nearly a year now, and have turned a blind eye to spelling errors, wild layout variation, inconsistent and confusion file naming conventions, and about the least friendly online section of any website I know, since the content is very interesting.

However, since the switch to Flash I cannot access the content any more, and my email plea to the support email has gone unanswered. I cannot see the content in Safari, Firefox or Chrome, with the latest Flash plugin (10.1). Does anyone know a way around this? As far as I can see, the PDF download links are only presented from inside the Flash plugin, i.e. I cannot see them.
    Website - Linhof Technika, Schneider 90/5.6 Super-Angulon, 210/5.6 APO-Symmar

My subscription has been paid for this magasine in April 2010.I receive only
    one number of this mag. I am anxious and hope to receive this one.
    thanks Mr Simmons

My copy came in the mail today. Would like to thank Jim Graves for the trouble of getting and mailing me a copy of this awesome issue. I always had back issues and for the first time I have a current

From the Philippines to Jim, Mabuhay!!

Ari ... Walang anuman.

Jim

Also available from the publisher for $25. Well worth it.

I found the easiest way to get it to Norway is to use newwstand at ebay, and I pay $15 shipping.

Thumbs up Re: View Camera Magazine, Special Edition

Thanks for letting us know..not only did I order the issue but I also subscribed to the magazine.