Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

We in Moscow each last Sunday month, have meetings of fans of a film photo For these 3 years people so have rallied and make friends. If will be during this time-welcome.

The author "dimonpit"

The author "Peter Stul"

The author "AndreyU"

The author "Stjarna"

Re: To the Moscow meetings large and medium a format 3 years

Looks like fun! Welcome!

Mike
    Politically, aerodynamically, and fashionably incorrect.

That's a good-sized group of film fans!

Welcome, and thank you for the invitation.

Best wishes.

Rick

Excellent, I'm a big fan of Soviet cameras, from the tiny Kiev 35, by way of Zenit EM and Kiev 66 to a 9x12 Fotokor. Hope to see you all in Moscow sometime!

Quote Originally Posted by davkt View Post
    Excellent, I'm a big fan of Soviet cameras, from the tiny Kiev 35, by way of Zenit EM and Kiev 66 to a 9x12 Fotokor. Hope to see you all in Moscow sometime!
    And I the great admirer of film Ilford and the British military buttons

Quote Originally Posted by davkt View Post
    Heh. I have this feeling these these cameras are not considered as much fun in Moscow as they are here.

Rick "owner of vast collection of ex-Soviet stuff, and moderator of the Kiev Report" Denney

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post
    Heh. I have this feeling these these cameras are not considered as much fun in Moscow as they are here.

Rick "owner of vast collection of ex-Soviet stuff, and moderator of the Kiev Report" Denney
    All people different. At whom small prosperity-buy FED. And someone buys Leica. I here love the Kiev-60. But here a small format and big - I will prefer the foreign.

Quote Originally Posted by Antonenko View Post
    All people different. At whom small prosperity-buy FED. And someone buys Leica. I here love the Kiev-60. But here a small format and big - I will prefer the foreign.
    I like those Kiev 60's, too--I have three of them. (And a Pentacon Six, Exakta 66, and Kiev 88CM, all of which use the same mount.) When pro-quality medium-format cameras were expensive, the Kievs were loads of fun. They are still fun, but that fun is tempered by the fact that I can buy a used Pentax 6x7 in good user condition for the same price as a new-old-stock Kiev 60 that may not work at all. And even the lenses are much closer than they used to be.

But no Pentax can come close to the Funkiness Quotient with a Kiev 60. It's worth having one just to be able to make square pictures with the Arsat Fisheye.

Rick "who has a couple of Feds resting comfortably unused on a shelf" Denney

Здравствуйте, Антон!

Вы и Ваша команда кажетесь мне приятными и творческими людьми. Я знаком с работами Dimonpit по сайту Flickr и восхищаюсь ими. Моя жена Юля недавно вернувшись из России привезла мне несколько русских фотоаппаратов, из которых Москва 5 мне понравилась больше всего. Если я не ошибаюсь, этот фотоаппарат появляется на некоторых Ваших снимках выше. Кроме небольшой изредка проявляющейся утечки света фотоаппарат работает отлично, хотя я все еще привыкаю к дальномеру. Кажется, наилучших результатов получается добиться при контрастном освещении.

Я очень рад, что в Москве так много фотографов, работающих с пленкой. Посещал ли кто-то из вас школу Родченко? На мой взгляд, это очень хорошая школа с хорошими преподавателями. Каким материалом вы пользуетесь в России и где находите его? Мне приходилось печатать на бумаге Slavich, и я был весьма доволен результатами. Моя жена привезла мне из России несколько катушек пленки Свема, но пленка была очень старой и затуманенной. У меня еще остались неиспользованными несколько катушек Фотона и Тасмы, надеюсь, они в лучшей форме, чем Свема.

Я планирую побывать в России следующим летом или осенью, и с нетерпением жду возможности фотографировать там, особенно в Санкт-Петербурге. Если я могу быть полезным и привезти Вам что-то необходимое из Штатов, дайте мне знать, я буду очень рад помочь.

С уважением,
    Джей

J

Quote Originally Posted by rdenney View Post

Good to find another Kievaholic here and thanks for the fantasic Kiev Report! Must get round to taking the Kiev 60 (finger trouble calling it a 66 above!) to bits and sort out the frame spacing now I've lost the perfect sized pair of spools I had!