Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shen-Hao TFC45-I = Ebony SW45 Clone?

Shen-Hao TFC45-I = Ebony SW45 Clone?

Paul. I hope you know I was just kidding about that camera snob comment. I was just kidding. I don't think that. =)

Ed, This is one place that I KNOW people are friendly (and true enthusiasts) and can joke even when they DON'T agree with what you have to say!! Long may this forum (and the jokes) continue!!

I've used Wista, Ebony and Shen hao all of which were borrowed. The Wista may have a reputable name, but I wasn't impressed with the camera. The focusing was rough, it had limited movement, and when I removed the lens panel I found poorly finished wood which was full of splinters. When I borrowed the Shen hao I thought it was going to be a typical chinese product with poor workmanship and sloppy controls, but I couldn't have been more wrong. The construction was far ahead of the Wista, it had loads of movement and the price was too cheap to be true. The final camera was the Ebony. The construction was better than the Shen hao, but the movement was very similar. The only problem was its silly price, which I couldn't justify. In the end I purchesed the Shen Hao which was somewhere in between the Wista and Ebony. I find the Shen hao a very under rated camera and should be seriously considered.