Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wista 45 DX ruler markings on front standard/rail? How to best design and apply?

Re: Wista 45 DX ruler markings on front standard/rail? How to best design and apply?

I use the rulers to measure things, like if I find an interesting beetle I might make note of its length.

Otherwise for figuring bellows factors, one of the downloadable/printable scales that you place into the scene and measure on the ground glass (Calumet sells an inexpensive plastic printed one) is a lot quicker and easier.

Re: Wista 45 DX ruler markings on front standard/rail? How to best design and apply?

Frank,

I think the OP wants to measure focus spread to find optimum aperture. A millimeter scale on the camera bed is really handy for this. One measures the focus spread, sets the front standard halfway between and selects the optimum aperture from a table. I use this method exclusively.

For calculating bellows extension, a device like you mention, or a tape measure and tables are good methods.

Best,

Doremus Scudder

Oh, never bothered with that. All those years wasted....