Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Workshops by Rodney Lough Jr.

Happy Valley Oregon (yes, it's a real place)

2011 Workshops by Rodney Lough Jr.

FYI - they sell out fast. http://workshops.RodneyLoughJr.com

Re: 2011 Workshops by Rodney Lough Jr.

With so many well-known landscape photographers switching to digi (see the David Muench thread), maybe Rodney Lough should start offering LF-specific workshops, as he seems to be sticking to LF and film ?

Happy Valley Oregon (yes, it's a real place)

QT - folks are more than welcome to bring LF - we encourage it, or a pink Barbie doll camera if they want. I sometimes bring my blue one. ;-)

Ha! I want to see an image of Rodney with his blue Barbie Doll camera.

Nate Potter, Austin TX.

Quote Originally Posted by Van Camper View Post
    So whatever happened to the rule..... "Other Commercial Posts - Except as noted above, other "promotional" posts promoting your own business enterprise, or one to which you are financially connected (e.g. owner, employee, contractor), are not allowed.

Qt, you've seen it, waz up?
    This particular forum allows for the announcement of workshops. Personally, I'm always glad to read them; who knows, one day I may attend one.

The general "non-commercial" rule of the forum and the particular function of the "announcement" forum, which is to permit any educational LF-related event to be posted, seem to be in conflict.

However, if you go back to guidelines, you will see that the "Except as noted above" include the section "Conferences, Workshops, Books and Gallery Openings". While we say that in "New Products", self-promotional posts require approval that's not the case of "Annoucements". I thought it was clear enough. I will amend it to "Except as noted in the two previous entries."

Also, if you scroll down the posts on this forum, you'll see other announcements of workshops by the person delivering them.

so for example it is unallowable to post a notice about a gallery opening for a photographer other than the one posting the notice?

Not sure where you got that idea or even what you exactly mean. Anybody can post a notice about a gallery opening for anybody. Same for other events and publications. The only thing we ask is that those posts not be repetitive (ie only one post per event).

because the one i posted for a show by Kenna was moved to the lounge. while i am a member of the new orleans photo alliance, i darn sure don't own that gallery! by the way, there is a great salgado show there now

As great as Kenna is, he is generally not considered a large format photographer (although it could be that his atypical Monique's Kindergarten was LF). When my wife operated a gallery, I did not post the announcement for Ted Orland's opening here.