Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Puyo lens

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    45-57-617

Puyo lens

Hi,

Could someone hazard a guess as to what this lens might be?

The auction site: #150502873713

I'm guessing an RR of some sort.

The Vade Mecum doesn't help me much - what would the images be like?

Cheers,

Steve

Re: Puyo lens

It is the Objectif d’Artiste Formule Anachromatique lens, see

http://www.antiquecameras.net/softfocuslenses.html

Dan

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html

Price just went up.

There is something in VM, I think.

"what would the images be like?" - they would be very expensive images!

loujon

"Price just went up."

Yep. Your correct Garret.

Just can't figure out why the same folks with interest in such optics would announce it to the crowd.

I've been watching since it was listed. You did not see me bring the lens to the attention of the competition .

Peace
    Louis

2 opposing non achromatic single glass menisci. The increments by the aperture are such that 'if your eye see's best focus here, and you're this far away, you should move it to here for chemical focus'. What you see is not what you get. There's a book that explains it........in french. I have 2 of them. Irresistable to folks who have a need for gadgets that are nearly impossible to use. It's the potential that you pay the large $$$$ for. If you have one of these, you just KNOW the potential to make world shattering pictures is at hand, if you could ever figure out how it works.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    Irresistable to folks who have a need for gadgets that are nearly impossible to use. It's the potential that you pay the large $$$$ for. If you have one of these, you just KNOW the potential to make world shattering pictures is at hand, if you could ever figure out how it works.
    The real value of these lenses is in not having one. Then you have something to blame your lousy pictures on!

Seriously, the lens is seldom the limiting factor. Quite a few of us, especially in the crowd that follows these lenses, have made or seen work from magnifying glasses and such that stand along side the results of these lenses. Identical, no, but in the same ballpark. What they lack is history, pedigree, status, and that shiny brass barrel with the fancy French inscription that translates literally to "objective of the artist", but spiritually to "ooh-lah-lah!"

Such lenses are not at all necessary. Just an expensive indulgence, especially in these times.

Still, I look at them and sigh...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Galli View Post
    ...you just KNOW the potential to make world shattering pictures is at hand, if you could ever figure out how it works.
    Yes, anyone who has ever tried to use a Busch Vade Mecum, a similar design, can attest to just how hard these lenses are to use. What-you-see-IS_NOT-what-you-get.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I had a bid in, thinking of upping it, but I doubt I'd be in the ballpark. It looks smallish for my style anyways...

I'm not convinced it's the Objectif d’Artiste Formule Anachromatique lens. The nomenclature is different from what I've seen on other examples (all online). And I'm not sure what the "Tele" refers to on the current lens. It would be nice if the buyer were an active photographer and posted his/her results somewhere.

A lovely little hors d'oeuvres, but I'm on a cup-o-ramen budget...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sawyer View Post
    I'm not convinced it's the Objectif d’Artiste Formule Anachromatique lens.)
    On second look, you are right - its not the same. I missed the other photos showing the imprinting on the lens - it certainly looks similiar to the Objectif d'Artiste, but clearly its something else, although related. Another interesting feature is the serial number of the lens on ebay, its 36147... the Objectif d'Artiste lens on my page http://antiquecameras.net/softfocuslenses.html is 36153... close... Tele Anachrom e d'Atelier doesnt bring up any google data.... anyone ?

Note that # 1 size usually means 13x18 format for Puyo/Darlot

Dan
    Last edited by CCHarrison; 12-Oct-2010 at 12:22.

Antique & Classic Camera Blog
    www.antiquecameras.net/blog.html