Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Puyo lens

Re: Puyo lens

Alternative title for different customer segment? Andy of Andy's Treasure Barn believes items should be clean! Really nasty clean-up.

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

$610 was pretty cheap, all things considered...
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

Hey, I was $10 off my estimate that it would hit $600. Must be too funky/unknown to be cultish.

Hello dear friends, I am the one who purchased that lens, I do believe I got it for a very decent price, the $$ is cheap and my babe broke my heart, a man needs to recover the way he can (my bank account won't).
    It's an anachromat, that means the blur comes by diffraction instead of spherical aberration and it's a good thing the seller did not advertise it as a "puyo" directly..I don't think it's any different from the "objectif d'artiste" since the later is an anachromat too..Also being french and living near morlaix made me curious about Emile constant puyo, I drive in these landscapes and Brittany, what a beautiful part of France!
    Six month ago I got a mint cooke (12 inch F 4.5 serie II), a beautiful beast, my machine guy is making a ring so I can mount it on a sinar 8X10, the seller spelled it "cook", I was never going to afford it but the missing e saved me a lot of bucks!
    As for comparing a lens to another, du you drink wine to get drunk and do you say that your 5 years old child paints like Picasso? You can do great art with nothing but such a lens is, in itself, a work of art!
    My problem is that here in France my people are retarded, we don't have a great photographic culture and everything is so laid back, my main struggle is to find people to have fun with..and Paris is so expensive it's hard to just find "free time"

congratulations
    please post some pictures when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by community1313 View Post
    Hello dear friends, I am the one who purchased that lens, I do believe I got it for a very decent price, the $$ is cheap and my babe broke my heart, a man needs to recover the way he can (my bank account won't).
    It's an anachromat, that means the blur comes by diffraction instead of spherical aberration and it's a good thing the seller did not advertise it as a "puyo" directly..I don't think it's any different from the "objectif d'artiste" since the later is an anachromat too..Also being french and living near morlaix made me curious about Emile constant puyo, I drive in these landscapes and Brittany, what a beautiful part of France!
    Six month ago I got a mint cooke (12 inch F 4.5 serie II), a beautiful beast, my machine guy is making a ring so I can mount it on a sinar 8X10, the seller spelled it "cook", I was never going to afford it but the missing e saved me a lot of bucks!
    I remember that "cook" lens as I was bidding on it too, way below your price which is about the same you paid today for this lens factoring the US dollar and Euro rate today. It was one of the most beautiful Cooke lenses I saw. It was massive.

Thanks, massive it is but not so bad, the only lens I can't mount is the 480 mm Nicola perscheid triplet, this one is for wood camera only!
    If you are in monsters check the item 160490063649
    350 mm F 2.5, planar formula (schneider xenon), 18 kilos!
    I will pass on that one since I have the Darlot but I was up to the challenge, I have a Zeiss biotar and it's amazing so I can picture the effect on 8X10 !

And yes I would love to try the Darlot with color film, I would love rainbowy off colors!

Quote Originally Posted by community1313 View Post
    my main struggle is to find people to have fun with..and Paris ......
    next time i am in paris lets go shoot. i had some great times last june when i was there.

okay. can some one post what the lens formula is? a picture of it? i think i got one! a big F#$%er for sure! lets talk. and then we can all try and figure out how to shoot with it.

based on the description i think this is the same formula. it is french for sure ( i bought it in belgium from a guy who got it in paris.....), but no maker's name.

eddie

ps. $610 is a steal. well done!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

Stuck inside of Tucson with the Neverland Blues again...

I'm glad it went to someone who will appreciate it and use it! Hope to see images from it soon!

And speaking of mis-titled lenses, this little 5.5" f/3.6 Petzval arrived in today's mail. I just cleaned it up and put it on a lensboard...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWNX:IT
    "I love my Verito lens, but I always have to sharpen everything in Photoshop..."

That's what I mount my medium sized lens on, arca swiss view camera with a double bellow and a custom fit sinar shutter, and in this an eidoscope bought in France from an antic dealer, like new in box !
    The camera is just so practical, it's like a large format nikon!