I am forwarding a message from my friend and colleague Sam Wang that he just received from our mutual friend Dick Arentz about his new book.

"I just received a copy of the beautiful book of Dick Arentz' new platinum images from Italy, Italy Through Another Lens, published by Nazraeli Press. Dick was the recognized master in platinum printing of images from his 12x20 and other large format cameras. Images in this book were made by digital cameras but they retain the delicate, subtle yet forceful tonality and careful framing. I wouldn't have known
that they were not taken with his large cameras just by looking at the pictures.

He's offering a discount for autographed copies if anyone orders directly from him by cash or check. Below is his announcement.

Sam"
-------------------------

Dear Colleague,

I wish to announce the publication of my newest book, Italy Through Another Lens (Italia: Una Visione Diversa). Nazraeli Press 2010.

The following information appears in the introduction:

Dick Arentz spent 35 years exposing film through the bellows of large format view cameras. He printed his images using the 19th century process of platinum and palladium printing, for which he is the recognized master. His books include Platinum & Palladium Printing, 1st and 2nd editions, as well as Nazraeli publications of The Grand Tour and The British Isles.

Now with Italy Through Another Lens he has moved to the 21st century, using the latest photographic technology to create platinum and palladium prints that meet the same exacting standards as those produced with the view camera. His impressions of Italy are indeed ?Through Another Lens?. He presents a series of images of an Italy
not generally seen by Italians or visitors, and which, framed by his unerring eye, radiate with the rich, haunting beauty of Italy. From the Italo-Albanese hill towns in Sicily and Calabria to the little known canals of Milano, the images in this monograph comprise an homage to Italy by an artist whose vision has been honed through the decades.

Published by Nazraeli Press, 2010. 77 pages with 43 duotone reproductions. Forward by Lucia A. Gillard. Italian translation by Anna M. Marco. ISBN 978-1-59005-271-6

Signed copies $65.00 plus $8.00 shipping. (Overseas shipping rates apply).

Gift wrapping $5.00.

10% discount for cash or check.

Thanks,

Dick Arentz