Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Let Kodak Know What You Think

Re: Let Kodak Know What You Think

Quote Originally Posted by sun of sand View Post
    I'd be more interested in the "nutjobs" desire for things that are now obselete as evidence pointing to where film photography still has potential
    that might be more for the smaller company to fill in with niche products but really kodak could do the same if they wanted to

since kodak is only interested in and perhaps only equipped for the sale of massive amounts of everday photographic essentials
    I think they'd know which products to keep and which to kill off

350 bonafide photographers?
    Stephen Shore, Joel Sternfeld, Mitch Epstein, William Eggleston, Thomas Struth, Andreas Gursky and so on.
    those types of guys would carry SOME weight
    I'm sure they've heard from them

If they don't make it easy to contact them because of the ranting nuts
    they must know the ranting nuts ideas dont help their business

I don't think you caan find 350 BONAFIDE photographers on LFF so theyd be worthless as well

"This film is essential to the practice"
    If the practice itself is essential they wouldn't discontinue it
    nobody discontinues soap

"I do believe that there is currently a huge resurgence of interest in large format photography and for many new photographers an eventual transition to 8x10 is inevitable"

that's not gonna work. I do believe? People believe in UFO's. Resurgence? I'm not sure kodak has the patience to keep losing money or not making enough of it to continue production based on a guys prediction of the &*#future^*# esp when digital is so apparent
    Kodak would have to wait for this flush of LF bloom in 4x5 and then wait for SOME of those people to move to 8x10 and for only SOME of those people to choose color

"Large format photography in colour is not only increasingly common at universities, but in major museums and art galleries. The majority of which is shot on portra 160 or 400nc."

I'm sure they know if true as made to sound. I don't think they've been producing it hoping someone will like it and use it..they've been making it for the people they know will
    Some of those people are probably dropping out.
    They'd now have to wait on that LF bloom to make up for only the current losses they could count on before
    what if they keep losing regulars?

"priceless advertising and promotion"
    Kodak had nascar ..don't think it was a smashing success.
    What are a few famous photographers going to do for their sales? majority of nascar watchers don't care
    the people who do care about those artists
    already do

"my opinion"
    I'm sure they have opinions of their own backed up by current reality

I believe Kodak could still make ALL these products
    satisfy the current user
    the nutjobs desire for panatomic and azo
    develop mo better products for the future participant

but they'd have to downsize
    I don't think kings become princes ..they die off
    Frank made a thread suggesting those concerned might want to send an email while the issue's current. I spent fives minutes typing one, sent it and they replied. I posted it to give Frank's thread some support or somebody else emailing an idea.

After that point, I can't imagine what you hoped to gain from the barely literate, incoherent, rambling mess you posted. All that comes across is your failure to appear clever. What your agenda or actual opinion is lost in a haze of arrogance and run on sentences.

If photography's a hobby for you, and you don't use the film in question why get involved at all?

I have spent considerable time speaking directly to Kodak management about the issue of 8x10 sheets and 50 sheet boxes and without getting into the gritty details I have come to the conclusion that while it would be easy to toss TMY to the curb along with Kodak, it would be foolish to do so. There is a reason that this request is not getting traction but it is still available. The costs would go up for 50 sheet boxes for legitimate reasons so what is accomplished?

The new T Max 400 has the longest density building character of any sheet film in the market, is blazingly sharp, has the best reciprocity correction characteristics and has impeccable quality control.

As a result, I will be feeding the numerous old 50 sheet boxes with the 10 sheet packets in large quantities as the alternatives while less costly, just do not have the same consistent zip for me.

if you want to evaluate another variable in this equation, take a look at the cost of silver that has been rising.

My pet peeve is the loss of Plus-X in 4x5. I will ask them about it. Sure would like to have it back.