Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Let Kodak Know What You Think

Let Kodak Know What You Think

Here's what they said:

Dear Frank,

Of course we want to hear from you and are sorry that you were unable to find our e-mail address on our website. I am doing some checking now into how we can make our contact information more accessible on the website.

In the interim, please let me know in what way we may be of assistance. We look forward to hearing from you.
    And here is their email: Kodak Professional Traditional <kprotraditional@kodak.com>

My only word of advice is to be polite, articulate, and professional. And to the point. If you come off as a raving loon then your comments won't be taken seriously.

The discontinuation of 5x7 color neg and 8x10 Porta 400 prompted me to complain. It would be swell if they got a couple hundred more complaints about the same topic.

Re: Let Kodak Know What You Think

My pet peeve is the loss of Plus-X in 4x5. I will ask them about it. Sure would like to have it back.

just sent my email asking for 8x10 and 5x7 sizes(5x7 by special order like the 160NC special orders)

hope to hear back soon.

Frank, thanks for posting the address!

cheers

-Dan

When did Kodak discontinue Portra 400nc in 8x10? ISO 400 makes more sense for 8x10 than it does 4x5, to me it's certainly more essential.

That's pretty upsetting news =\

Would be great if a couple of hundred people on here sent them an email and let Kodak know I just sent them this.

"Hi,

The discontinuation of Portra 400nc in 8x10 is a HUGE blow to photography as serious art. This film is essential to the practice of many artists and one now without replacement.

I do believe that there is currently a huge resurgence of interest in large format photography and for many new photographers an eventual transition to 8x10 is inevitable.

Large format photography in colour is not only increasingly common at universities, but in major museums and art galleries. The majority of which is shot on portra 160 or 400nc.

Besides this, I believe the Portra line offers Kodak priceless advertising and promotion thanks to artists such as Stephen Shore, Joel Sternfeld, Mitch Epstein, William Eggleston, Thomas Struth, Andreas Gursky and so on.

It is my opinion that cutting film at this time is a big mistake, and one I hope Kodak will reconsider."

kodak is polite, articulate and professional yet you cant find their email address
    they still were in the response yet they are only now going to begin

checking into ways of making the information more accessible

it's just an email address, right?

why can't they say
    you're right
    we will get that fixed immediately
    we are Kodak

if 350 letters going to change kodaks film production youd think the zillions of airtime minutes and columns and editorials speeches lectures courses campaigns laws blah blah blah denouncing it would have done something about violence

image is nothing thirst is everything obey your thirst -Sprite

I bet the reason they haven't published their direct contact info is because a lot of photographers are freaking nutjobs who send off 10,000 word Littmanesque rants about the discontinuation of some obscure stop bath formula from 1963. Wading through all their spam would consume a couple of jobs....

If 350 bonafide photographers wrote notes as clear and concise as Chris's then I think they would take notice.

3d Visual Effects artist

I wish that 8x10 tri-x was offered in 50-sheet boxes again. It's only offered in 10-sheet boxes now. Or at least, that's the way it was the last time I purchased tri-x. I've actually stopped using tri-x because of the annoyance of dealing with 10-sheet boxes.

Might sounds silly, but it was enough of annoyance for me to switch to another film. I'd switch back to tri-x if 50-sheet boxes were offered again, even though tri-x is more expensive than some other films.
    Daniel Buck - 3d VFX artist
    3d work: DanielBuck.net
    photography: 404Photography.net - BuckshotsBlog.com

Don't send Kodak messages full of hot air about famous artists. If you want 8x10 color, tell them what Kodak 8x10 color product you buy, how you use it, why it's important to you and your work, and what its loss will mean to you.

Or whatever product you care about. Be specific about its impact on you.

Sent in my two centavos...I was very polite and professional, and even praised Kodak for not only making wonderful film(s) but for also considering the voice of the customer.