Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Value of Rodenstock Apo Rodagon N 150mm?

Value of Rodenstock Apo Rodagon N 150mm?

Hi everyone,

I'm finally getting around to liquidating some of my darkroom equipment which I am no longer using and have a mint Rodenstock Apo Rodagon N 150mm/f4 enlarging lens (Serial 10981734) that I need to price for sale. After doing a LOT of searching, I've not been able to find a decent reference price, though I've determined that this is an extremely rare enlarging lens and is no longer made in this focal length. I've also seen some intriguing reference to using this lens with the Zoerk Multi Focus System for tilt/swing control on current medium format digital back and SLR systems.

Does anyone have any pointers on what this lens is worth? Anyone have an opinion on using this lens with the Zoerk system?

Thanks,
    Dave

Re: Value of Rodenstock Apo Rodagon N 150mm?

I use this lens and it is sweet
    I would be interested in it once you set your price
    Quote Originally Posted by datro View Post
    Hi everyone,

I'm finally getting around to liquidating some of my darkroom equipment which I am no longer using and have a mint Rodenstock Apo Rodagon N 150mm/f4 enlarging lens (Serial 10981734) that I need to price for sale. After doing a LOT of searching, I've not been able to find a decent reference price, though I've determined that this is an extremely rare enlarging lens and is no longer made in this focal length. I've also seen some intriguing reference to using this lens with the Zoerk Multi Focus System for tilt/swing control on current medium format digital back and SLR systems.

Does anyone have any pointers on what this lens is worth? Anyone have an opinion on using this lens with the Zoerk system?

Thanks,
    Dave

I don't yet use this lens and it is complete junk,
    you should mail it me to spare yourself the worry!!

After Bob, I would be interested too.

A rare 300mm sold for $400 a few days ago and a 180mm was for sale for $299, so it should be in that ballpark.
    I have the 105mm on my Zoerk system and it is a pleasure to use and tack sharp lens (but I paid much less).
    A 180mm is currently on auction, so maybe that could serve as a guide.
    Klaus

http://www.macrolenses.de for macro and special lens info
    http://www.pbase.com/kds315/ for UV Images and lens/filter info
    http://photographyoftheinvisibleworld.blogspot.com/ my UV diary

It really wasn't rare but it didn't have that long a life. Unfortunately I am out of the office on the way to Photokina and can't check our older price lists for its last price until I return after Oct. 3rd. If you can wait that long then I can get you the price. The 150N replaced the older 180 Apo Rodagon. The 150 and 180 were the longest Apo Rodagon lenses Rodenstock produced. The longer Apo Rodagon were process lenses rather then enlarging lenses and their value would not really indicate what the 150N sold for. One thing to bear in mind. The 150N used a 50mm mounting flange so it could fit far more enlargers then the older 180. In addition the 150N was a vastly superior lens optically for enlarging then the 180mm was.

Bob, thanks for your information. Yes, I'd definitely be interested in knowing what this lens was selling for when new. Looking forward to your update when you have a chance.

Thanks,
    Dave

I would agree I have both lenses and I thought the 180mm should be better for coverage, but the 150mm does kick ass.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Salomon - HP Marketing View Post
    It really wasn't rare but it didn't have that long a life. Unfortunately I am out of the office on the way to Photokina and can't check our older price lists for its last price until I return after Oct. 3rd. If you can wait that long then I can get you the price. The 150N replaced the older 180 Apo Rodagon. The 150 and 180 were the longest Apo Rodagon lenses Rodenstock produced. The longer Apo Rodagon were process lenses rather then enlarging lenses and their value would not really indicate what the 150N sold for. One thing to bear in mind. The 150N used a 50mm mounting flange so it could fit far more enlargers then the older 180. In addition the 150N was a vastly superior lens optically for enlarging then the 180mm was.

What the lens sold for new is really irrelevant today. I've got a few enlarging lenses including apo's that cost me a fraction of the retail price. Most darkroom gear is cheap or free these days.

Quote Originally Posted by vinny View Post
    What the lens sold for new is really irrelevant today. I've got a few enlarging lenses including apo's that cost me a fraction of the retail price. Most darkroom gear is cheap or free these days.
    Apo Rodagon don't go cheap still. Especially not a longish Apo Rodagon like this one. There is a subset of users out there taking these high end enlarging/LF lenses and putting them on helicoids so they can mount them one DSLRs. So value can still be very high..

Drew Wiley

This is no general process lens, but one of the very best enlarging lenses ever made which is still highly desirable. I use one of these myself. Even with the market being
    soft and good gear going cheap, anyone who really knows what this is would probably
    offer you at least $500 for it, and even at that price it would be a steal. Nothing better in my opinion for a fast enlarging lens.