Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Photos of Pregnancy

Re: Photos of Pregrancy

a few more before bedtime...

Re: Photos of Pregnancy

Thanks for posting those Gandolfi - it's work like yours I have in mind when I think of a master photographer.

I've been taking photos of pregnant women for years, but only recently have I tried to move up to LF from MF and 35mm. It's so much easier to take photos of stationary objects with LF. I'm finding it a big challenge to get wonderful non-cliche LF shots. The need to have the camera on a tripod tends to make me think too statically. I'm hoping that seeing the work of others will help me pre-visualize and think out-side the box a bit better.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Thanks for posting those Gandolfi - it's work like yours I have in mind when I think of a master photographer.

I've been taking photos of pregnant women for years, but only recently have I tried to move up to LF from MF and 35mm. It's so much easier to take photos of stationary objects with LF. I'm finding it a big challenge to get wonderful non-cliche LF shots. The need to have the camera on a tripod tends to make me think too statically. I'm hoping that seeing the work of others will help me pre-visualize and think out-side the box a bit better.
    thanks - check out my "evil" twin (yes, I have one..).

He is not making it in LF, but mostly in MF, but still there should be something to see...

He uses humour as his favourite "weapon", and I like that a lot...

his website: http://web.me.com/andersschildt/phot...y/welcome.html

pregnancy: http://web.me.com/andersschildt/ku_d...nsitionIndex=2

oh baby!
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery

runs a monkey grinder Steve M Hostetter's Avatar

Re: Reproduction

Quote Originally Posted by gandolfi View Post
    then the challenge would be for us photographers, to try and make images beyond that clichee? Like all other "well documented" topics....

I do understand you, but I don't understand, why so many photographers doesn't seem to see other things than "the usual", when making a clichee topic.

(pregnancy/nudes(!!)/birds/roses(!!!!!) and so on).

I have made a LOT of pregnancy images - I like the challenge, and the beauty of the mother(s) to be...

some examples:
    These are great! That second one is the best! That Beelzebub gets all the action

Here is my oldest 4x5 pregnancy shot. It is a self portrait done during my 1st pregnancy. (I'm a grandmother now). Unfortunately the negative has gone missing over the years - though the boring, bad ones have survived.

I had to sell my cameras and darkroom when the kids were little and finances were tight. It's only in recent years I've returned to LF. A great place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by sly View Post
    Here is my oldest 4x5 pregnancy shot. It is a self portrait done during my 1st pregnancy. (I'm a grandmother now). Unfortunately the negative has gone missing over the years - though the boring, bad ones have survived.

I had to sell my cameras and darkroom when the kids were little and finances were tight. It's only in recent years I've returned to LF. A great place to be.
    nice unpretentious image.
    You look comptable in the situation.

Good the image is stil here..

You've already seen these in the portraits thread but since there's an specific one for pregnancy photos, I'll post again (sorry.)

These were taken for ourselves. I tried to escape the conventional look of pregnancy photos. I must say it is quite difficult!

Next, I'll try something less staged with a Speed Graphic.

Ramiroelena, I particularly like the second one. I've got a pregnancy shoot planned for this weekend. It's really tough to get away from the usual, but I'll try.

Large Format Rocks ImSoNegative's Avatar

thanks everyone for these posts they are all beautiful, I wish i had something to share in LF, maybe soon i will have, thanks again i have really enjoyed looking at the images.
    "WOW! Now thats a big camera. By the way, how many megapixels is that thing?"