Hi to Everyone.

I sure could use some insight and suggestions. I haven’t practiced any serious large format black and white photography for a long time and much has changed since then. So I’m at a crossroad and I'm unsure of what direction to take. I could rebuild a darkroom and continue with traditional prints. A pain to build, but a simple if messy process once done. I never had a big love affair with being in a darkroom but the Illford Galerie FB prints were wonderful and worth all the effort. They have been hanging for 30 years and still look at good as the day I made them. Or I could get a Epson 750 scanner, ( or maybe drum scanned? ) and then print on a Epson 3880 using their inks, at least for now. It’s very temping and a lot easier than building another darkroom. There is no doubt that the computer gives one vastly more control, but in the end it’s the quality of the print that matters. Will the inkjet route produce prints of equal tonal scale and subtle gradation? I think this can be loaded question, but some informed opinions would be apprecated. I live in Oakland, Ca. If anyone knows of some really good inkjets that are hanging around here please let me know. Seeing them might be a helpful. Thanks!