Thread: Eizo CG243W or LaCie 724?

Eizo CG243W or LaCie 724?

just checked my wallet, I want to pick up one of these two.

which one?

Andrew

Preston Birdwell

Re: Eizo CG243W or LaCie 724?

Andrew,

I recently purchased a NEC MultiSync 221W. It is a 22" screen and if that's too small, it won't work for you. Anyway, I am very happy with mine and at under $400 from B&H, the price was right, and certainly much less expensive than an Eizo.

Here's a thread where it's discussed:

Any Thoughts on NEC P-Series Monitor

--P
    Preston-Columbia CA

"If you want nice fresh oats, you have to pay a fair price. If you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse; that comes a little cheaper."

I like the EizoCG243W but was also having a close look at the new HP ZR30W recently.

I bought an NEC 24" 90 series last year and am happy with it. Have been told it has the same innards as the LaCie. The color experts I talked to all recommended it. I've also heard very good things about Eizo, but they were out of my price range.

I've been a big fan and used the LaCie 22" electron blue CRT for years and was a hard sell on a LCD. I was facing the same decision last year and considered the same two monitors. I wound up getting the 724 and could not be happier. After using it for critical color in my commercial work Im ready to purchase another for my other studio computer. I don't think I could go back to a CRT after using the 724.

Check the LaCie website for referbs. I purchase referbs every time I can. I purchase my Apple computers and monitors that way and save big bucks. They carry the same warranty as new in many cases and have been gone through completely and all problems fixed. I've never had a problem with a referbs but have had several with new items.

Thanks boys!

I just checked lacie's website, seems their 724 is offline.
    not sure when Eizo will bring out their LED version of 243w. I have been waiting for quite a while. but the problem is, money mostly likely will drain away if I wait any longer. :-0

Andrew