Thread: 8x8 camera

8x8 camera

A few days ago, I found a link to a manufacturer's site; wooden field cameras, European I believe. Not a name I'd heard before. This guy was making, among other (fairly conventional, nice-looking) designs, an 8x8 camera.

Intrigued me, as I'm a square-format shooter at heart... Seems silly in a way to cut down film instead of just masking an 8x10 neg, but if I was doing contact printing only, it might be nice...

Anyhow, does anyone know the site I'm talking about? Just trying to find a link back to it. Can't find a thing in searching my browser history...

Thanks.

Re: 8x8 camera

Argentum makes an 8x8- seems like it would be a very cool format.

That's it! Thanks!!!

Hello from France !
    One of my friends owns one of the 8x8" camera made by Argentum in Hungary, and he is very happy with it. The 8x8" cut-film holders are superb.
    here the camera in action You can contact me for more details.
    More about Argentum cameras
    Another interview of Istvan Soltesz, the craftsman who fabricates Argentum cameras

Quote Originally Posted by AgentX View Post
    A few days ago, I found a link to a manufacturer's site; wooden field cameras, European I believe. Not a name I'd heard before. This guy was making, among other (fairly conventional, nice-looking) designs, an 8x8 camera.

Intrigued me, as I'm a square-format shooter at heart... Seems silly in a way to cut down film instead of just masking an 8x10 neg, but if I was doing contact printing only, it might be nice...

Anyhow, does anyone know the site I'm talking about? Just trying to find a link back to it. Can't find a thing in searching my browser history...

Thanks.

hello AgentX

fwiw, I've been fascinated by this Company for some months - their products/product range seems pretty interesting - I guess the only possible drawback is that they're doesn't appear to be a 'network' of retailers, which could make a once over of the camera seem tricky but I'm sure that this could be easily overcome

good luck with this very interesting format - as I'm sure you know, no great problem with sourcing film, just cut down a 10x8 and then..............have some fun with the left over strips - how about a new '2x10' thread on here or maybe '1x10', who knows ?

regards

andrew