gentlemen and ladies - i have finally succeeded at creating a virtual lens for e xtreme wide-angle LF photographic purposes, and it is astounding. through selec tive use of new polymer-titalium, and IC technologies, i have generated a "lens" which has the appearance of an extremely thin sheet of glass. the same technol ogy which is used in the manufacture of eyeglasses which darken into sunglasses when exposed to sunlight is incorporated into the virtual lens and acts as the " shutter" - exposure times and aperture settings are via the computer chip embedd ed in the fabric of the lens. due to the extremely thin nature of the product, it is capable of recreating a focal lengths the equivalent of approximately 2mm, wherein the virtual lens is essentially mounted directly on the surface of the sheet of film, and can be manufactured at any size required up to about 20x24". it is the perfect solution for all landscape and architectural photographers wh o need extreme wide angle coverage. one small problem has surfaced however - i tested the lens at its nominal focal length (2mm) doing a photograph of a 90-sto ry office building approximately 5 feet in front of me, and when viewing the res ult, i could barely make the building out on the horizon... :-)