Page 74 of 329 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684124174 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

There have been a few since last but the clean Zwierzina Plasticca 400mm (200648434097) may have been missed by some!
    USD 1250

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    There have been a few since last but the clean Zwierzina Plasticca 400mm (200648434097) may have been missed by some!
    USD 1250
    The seller is a forum member here. I'm happy to see that he at least got close to his original asking price for it.
    I don't care for the traits of this lens but others have made good use of it. (Yes Emil, I'm talking about you!)

funkadelic

Taylor Hobson Cooke IIA Portrait Soft Focus 10.5" F3.5
    Item # 310341166699
    GBP 368.88 / US 597.77

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    The seller is a forum member here. I'm happy to see that he at least got close to his original asking price for it.
    I don't care for the traits of this lens but others have made good use of it. (Yes Emil, I'm talking about you!)
    thanks - I did miss the relisting.. not the first offer...

So unfortunately I didn't get it.

the Cooke is the same as mine - that was a fair price, I'd say....

TAYLOR HOBSON COOKE SOFT FOCUS PORTRAIT LENS (Cooke 13 inch f4.5 Series II )
    Item number: 360391593596
    GBP 499/ US 808.63

I just sold a 10" f/6 Veritar in working Alphax shutter for $350. In nice condition except for the mottled coating which I am beginning to think is representative of this vintage.

funkadelic

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Smigiel View Post
    I just sold a 10" f/6 Veritar in working Alphax shutter for $350. In nice condition except for the mottled coating which I am beginning to think is representative of this vintage.
    Was it ok for occasional use or was it all needy and high maintenance, requiring that long term relationship I recently read about?

Quote Originally Posted by cdholden View Post
    Was it ok for occasional use or was it all needy and high maintenance, requiring that long term relationship I recently read about?
    Ha! Just take it to the park for long walks, and you'll develop a deep relationship with it.

It's quite strange that nobody reported these two auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250886445249

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLLENSAK-VE...-/250886872594

The first one is a stock of three SF lenses: Varium 19", Verito 18" and 405mm Kodak Portrait. Sold for 1000 USD.
    The latter is another stock: Verito 9", Commercial Ektar 14" and hermagis Hellor 310mm. Sold for 900 USD.

The condition of the various lenses is not top notch, but the price (especially the first auction) was very good.
    The buyer was quick in taking the chance and offering a price that was acceptable (at least in seller's opinion). My guess about the seller is that it's a professional vendor, more at ease with modern/smaller format gears. The other items on sale are not so cheap.
    I found about these auctions via Ebay saved searches (for which i get daily emails). Everything was sold already, so the buyer was lucky to find it soon, and reacted very quick.
    I have no regrets tough, my budget is as depleted as it could be... too many acquisitions in recent months, so it's time to let go some old stuff and make some money for a couple of new toys.

have fun

CJ

Quote Originally Posted by cyberjunkie View Post
    It's quite strange that nobody reported these two auctions:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=250886445249

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WOLLENSAK-VE...-/250886872594

The first one is a stock of three SF lenses: Varium 19", Verito 18" and 405mm Kodak Portrait. Sold for 1000 USD.
    The latter is another stock: Verito 9", Commercial Ektar 14" and hermagis Hellor 310mm. Sold for 900 USD.

The condition of the various lenses is not top notch, but the price (especially the first auction) was very good.
    The buyer was quick in taking the chance and offering a price that was acceptable (at least in seller's opinion). My guess about the seller is that it's a professional vendor, more at ease with modern/smaller format gears. The other items on sale are not so cheap.
    I found about these auctions via Ebay saved searches (for which i get daily emails). Everything was sold already, so the buyer was lucky to find it soon, and reacted very quick.
    I have no regrets tough, my budget is as depleted as it could be... too many acquisitions in recent months, so it's time to let go some old stuff and make some money for a couple of new toys.

have fun

CJ
    based on the seller description:

3 LENS FOR REPAIR ,WOLLENSAK VERITO DIFFUSED 18 INCH F4,WOLLENSAK VARIUM 19 INCH F4,BOTH OF THE LENSES THE [B]SHUTTER IS STUCK SO IS THE APERATURE,FRONT GLASS IS NICE,INSIDE THERE IS DIRT,THESE WERE COVERED IN FOAM THAT REALLY DRIED UP AND GOT INSIDE,THERE IS ANOTHER LENS THAT SCREWS ON THE END OF ONE OF THE LENSES,THEN THERE IS A KODAK 405MM PORTRAIT LENS F4.5,OPTICE LOOK CLEAN,APERATURE WORKS FINE,2ND PIC THE RIM IS OXIDIEZED,FROM THE REMAINS OF THE CAP THAT WAS STUCK ON THERE,THESE ARE BEING SOLD FOR REPAIR AS IS NO REFUNDS,SEND ME YOUR BEST OFFER,I MAY TAKE IT,CAME OUT OF A OLD FOTO STUDIO.

IMO.....

sounds to me like the buyer over paid. i think you are lucky you missed out. i disagree that the 1st auction was a good price. 18 inch verito/verium gets $600 in fair condition. the extension lens on the varium is a nice bonus....looks okay but i would guess it has issues as well. the barrel(?) 405 in unknown condition (so best to figure super ugly like the rest)i would spend 2-250 on a gamble! (they go for 6-700 in user condition)

so for 1200-1500 you could have those same lenses in known good/fair- condition with a working studio shutter.....but this is just me.....

also please note his feed back. two negatives in the last 8 months. 3 in a year. several neutrals as well. the "no refunds" would scare me all day......

eddie
    My YouTube Channel has many interesting videos on Soft Focus Lenses and Wood Cameras. Check it out.

My YouTube videos
    oldstyleportraits.com
    photo.net gallery