Page 215 of 329 FirstFirst ... 115165205213214215216217225265315 ... LastLast
Results 2,141 to 2,150 of 3285

Thread: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Re: Some Soft Focus Lens Sales Information

Two Spencer Portlands were sold without glass, one in 2012, the other in 2013.

Couldn't get serial numbers, not all Spencer Portlands have serial numbers ...

Quote Originally Posted by jp498 View Post
    seems like one sold a couple years ago for not much without glass. Or it could have been a spencer port-land, I don't remember. It's a fair price for parts if anyone is repairing/restoring such a lens too.

Cogito, ergo sum

Out of soft focus category, but I remember that one member here asked about a huge Voigtlander petzval missing flint glass (or crown, not recall exactly) that he was offered that lens for $1000, is this a fair price. He did included its serial number. One year later the same lens (same serial number) was up for sale on ebay without any description about the glass missing, and it was sold pretty quick (the price is $5000 IIRC)
    Life = Love + Passion + Responsibility

Dallmeyer 5D EUR 839 (111262052550)

No rear element?

Quote Originally Posted by andrehh View Post
    Dallmeyer 5D EUR 839 (111262052550)

I thought so at first, but is it one of these elongated American labelled D's with the thread (or quasi-thread) extended at the rear. So the rear lens is deep down. Whether it is turnable for soft adjustment is not something I can answer, as they usually appear only in the US. I seem to recall that James Galli esq. knows about these and their history.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    I thought so at first, but is it one of these elongated American labelled D's with the thread (or quasi-thread) extended at the rear. So the rear lens is deep down. Whether it is turnable for soft adjustment is not something I can answer, as they usually appear only in the US. I seem to recall that James Galli esq. knows about these and their history.
    This sounds very feasible, as in another auction (390752402882) was the camera showing a plate "Eagle Cameras, New York".

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DAL5BEF1.JPG 
Views:	28 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	109578
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven Tribe View Post
    I had one of those, and the glass screwed into the very rear. It was NOT inset deep in that threaded part. These were aero reconnaissance versions, from WWI. I have a thread with pictures somewhere here.

Here's a pic of the rear of my 5D, now sold.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5D-4.JPG 
Views:	29 
Size:	107.6 KB 
ID:	109577

wow ..... very nice forum .... a lot of information that I can ..... thank you

I am not sure about this Dallmeyer. It is certainly built-up differently from Garrett's.

In the enclosed photo from the listing, you can see some sort of deep internal ring opposite the flange area (rear lens mount or support for WHS, if there is one?), but also the very clean internal brass thread - for a depth which looks like the outer mounting male thread depth on a complete rear lens cell.

If the purchaser sees this - and it is indeed missing the double cell - then he should send me a PM, as I wrote to the lister, early in the listing, suggesting this was missing the rear cell section. No reply.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails usdallmeyer.jpg  

Vitaliy AK

Steven, It looks like support for WHS.
    I have 4d which looks the same. WHS is next to the flange (you can actually see on the photo cut for WHS) and rear group is screwed at the end of black barrel. So most likely this lens is missing rear elements.

I wrote to the seller as well, and no answer.