Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Filter thread/Cokin P?

Filter thread/Cokin P?

I have a Schneider Angulon 90mmF6.8 with a filter thread size of 40.5mm. I use t he Cokin P filter system and cannot find an adaptor ring for this size, any sugg estions?.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

I'm 90% sure that Cokin make a 40.5mm as I had one for a 100mm Apo Symmar. If not try a step up ring.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

Step up ring to a size for which there is an adapter ring? (If you can't find a step up ring, then you would seem to have a real problem...)

Filter thread/Cokin P?

If you use a screw-in type filter on a 90mm lens you may get corner cut off on extreme displacement / shifts. Use a bellows type lens hood that accepts filters.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

If a screw-in filter is going to cause problems with cut-off, then a bellows-filter holder will only be worse - much worse!

Filter thread/Cokin P?

A bellows lens hood / filter holder should be attached OUTSIDE the lens, NOT screwed into the lens thread! (The lens shade / filter holder should be clamped on the lens on the outside...) The best system is what SINAR uses: an extra bellows as a lens shade, with the ability to dial in flat "blinds" to minimize flare and get maximum contrast.

The way to check if you get cut off with a lens shade is to look through the camera, from the front, at the working aperture, with the shutter open, Look at each corner of the ground glass (from the front of the camera). If you can see each corner clearly there is no cut off. Dont try to look at the groundglass from the rear to check for cut off - the ground glass will fool you.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

Lee,

The Cokin A range has a 40.5mm adaptor ring and works with the Angulon 90/6.8 without vignetting.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

Cokin doesn't sell a 40.5mm adapter for the P holders.

I had a similar problem some time ago and resorted to use a step-up ring (by the way, the best quality step-up rings IMHO are those by Heliopan - and they cover all your possible needs).

You may risk vignetting ... another option would be to have an adapter custom made for you.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

I had the same problem when looking for a 40.5 adapter ring. I couldn't find one and ended up having one made by Steve Grimes.
    Brian Ellis
    Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you do criticize them you'll be
    a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

Filter thread/Cokin P?

I had the same problem and I just bought 40.5-52 stepping ring, I think from Kaiser, Germany. It is not quite top quality, but I never had any problems unscrewing it. And Cokin makes P ring for 52mm diameter. Best regards, www.janez-pelko.com